Maps on Descent MKI not showing anything

Hey everyone, I had tried couple of times to go over this with the Garmin support team, but it doesn't seem that they can provide me with a definitive answer on the matter or they simply banish in the abyss of the interweb to never answer again.  

I bought my descent here in China, the device came pre-loaded with a bunch of maps which I found amazing. The issue is that these maps for other regions seem not to have any information whatsoever for the areas they supposedly cover. 

Here is a full list of the installed maps on the device:

- Software Version: 6.10
- Map: Coverage of Europe, Middle East & Africa 5.60
- Map: Coverage of North and South America 6.0
- Map: Coverage of Asia Medium SE 5.11
- Map: Coverage of Pacific 5.10
- Map: Hong Kong Auto Navi 2018.40
- Map: China AutoNavi 2018.40
I am aware that the software version is the old one, but since the watch is an APAC version and the roll out seems to be done in stages I am still waiting for it. I had tried already to update it by Connect, Express and Web but there is not software available yet. 
If any of you have any idea on why these maps are not working or if there is something that I am missing. It would be highly appreciated!
BTW: when located in Europe or any region outside of China there is nothing in the "maps" app just the standard grid with latitude and longitude.
I know this is not a MARQ watch which supposedly comes with global maps supported and installed, but given the premium price of the device plus the application of it as a diving computer, which normally is a sport practiced mostly in different locations globally. One would think this is kind of a straight forward thing plus the mixed information I am getting from the device of having coverage of other regions.
I don't mind going and using OpenStreetMap, but one would expect a little but more from Garmin on this front. Again, I am not expecting a full map for the entire globe, but at least coverage of the land masses contour with main cities and main roads.
Cheers everyone! 
  • I think the “Coverage of...” maps are only Golf course maps.

• Hey, thank you very much for your answer!

So Garmin rather upload a bunch of useless GOLF courses maps on a premium DIVING watch/computer than at least a simple but useful map of the world. Funny when they use the capability of recording entry and exit points in the GPS as an USP, but in reality you have no easy visual reference of where you are if diving outside of the region where you purchased the watch.

This is something that one might think would even become useful in the case of separation or even shore dives with currents to help position yourself and navigate, but... 

At least now I can remove them without fear of losing anything of real imortance and start using OpenStreetMap.

Cheers and thanks once again! 

• Osm maps are quiet good, the one some devices preloaded Garmin Topo Active Europe maps are also osm based (processed by Garmin). 

• Thank you very much for the tip. This is what I had already donein the past and as you mentioned it works quite well. Sadly the maps sizes are a bit to big to be able to pre-load a global scale map into it but... Seems like I will stick to OSM