Stuck in diagnostics menu

Following an easy 42 minute dive yesterday my mk1's down button stopped working, I tried to restart the watch but instead of starting as normal it went straight into a 14 option diagnostics menu and had been like that since.

I filled out the contact form on Garmin's website, the auto response email I received said they may take 5-10 did business days to reply, so there goes my expensive Maldivian dive holiday spent using a not so cheap rented dive computer from the resort.

Has anyone else experienced that?

Please help!

Parents
  • Hey sad to know about your watch getting stuck.

Maybe this would help:

- If you are not capable of turning off the watch do the following:

*Simultaneously press the power, down and back button. This shall force the watch to turn off.

*Turn back on normally and shall go to your watch face.

- If you are capable of turning it of but it always goes to the diagnostics try to do like this:

*Turn off like normal then wait for it to shut down completely.

*Press the power, down and back button, the garmin logo will come on and then a black screen with a QR code plus a bunch of text information at the bottom. When you see this screen release the buttons.

*You will enter in a self testing mode. Then navigate with the back button until you reach a menu that prompts you to press and hold the power key to disable forced test mode. make sure that the forced test mode is disabled.

*Press the back key again to get out of that menu you will reach the QR code menu and simply press the power button to shut down.

*Then press the power button to turn on like normal.

Hope this helps!

• Hey sad to know about your watch getting stuck.

Maybe this would help:

- If you are not capable of turning off the watch do the following:

*Simultaneously press the power, down and back button. This shall force the watch to turn off.

*Turn back on normally and shall go to your watch face.

- If you are capable of turning it of but it always goes to the diagnostics try to do like this:

*Turn off like normal then wait for it to shut down completely.

*Press the power, down and back button, the garmin logo will come on and then a black screen with a QR code plus a bunch of text information at the bottom. When you see this screen release the buttons.

*You will enter in a self testing mode. Then navigate with the back button until you reach a menu that prompts you to press and hold the power key to disable forced test mode. make sure that the forced test mode is disabled.

*Press the back key again to get out of that menu you will reach the QR code menu and simply press the power button to shut down.

*Then press the power button to turn on like normal.

Hope this helps!

Children