Heart rate data download from HRM swim to MK1 data not accessible.

Hi Internet,
I've been struggling with Garmin and their MK1. I'm doing a small research project on free-diver profiles in a local area and have a couple of MK1 watches to gather basic free-dive data. I know - overkill, but the ability to use with separate HR bands and the (supposed) capacity to export the raw data lured me in. Man, was I wrong! I chose them because my preliminary understanding (naive I guess) was that I would be able to get the raw data off the garmin watch/connect website via CSV or otherwise. Nope! They don't allow that for dive data. Only the raw .fit files can be exported which are all but useless to a non-programmer like me. The CSV functions are all disabled (greyed out).

I've found an open source program to export the dive profiles and it accesses the HR data but only IF it's recorded on the wrist sensor (terrible data for freedivers because of the whole peripheral vasoconstriction reflex). Data that is recorded on the HRM chest band then downloaded to the MK1 then onto Garmin connect is not accessible.

How can I get the HR data off the MK1 or Garmin Connect into a spreadsheet OR export the raw data?

Please help.

Thanks

Top Replies

All Replies