New feature : average air comsomption

I would appreciate an automatic calculation of average air consomption ( in liters per minute) in garmin connect.
This calcul is based on tank size, begin pressure, end pressure and deep curve, so garmin connect have all data to do it.
Best regards
Al.
  • I do not think Connect will ever be a full featured dive log based on how Garmin has handled other sports. Take a look at other dive logs like Subsurface to get features like this.
  • It is very easy to calculate SAC (Surface Air Consumption) and RMV (Respitory Minute Volume) yourself (although techically, RMV will only be an approximate as Air doesn't behave like an Ideal gas).

SAC is measured in bar/minute and is calculated as follows:

(Starting pressure - ending pressure)/ dive duration / ((average depth+10)/10)

where the pressures are in bar, dive duration in minutes and depth in metres.

For example, today I did a 98 minute dive with an average depth of 11.2m. Starting pressure was 234 bar and ending pressure was 34 bar.

(234-34)/98/((11.2+10)/10) = 0.9626 bar/minute.

You can then approximate your RMV by multiplying SAC by the tank size in litres.

For today's dive I used a 12.2L cylinder so my RMV was around 11.73L/minute.

Note that I say approximate because air does not compress consistently but it will be close enough for comparing one dive to another.  Mark_H20 mentions Subsurface.  It calculates RMV accurately using tables that factor in the compressibility of air.  Most other dive log apps treat air as an Ideal gas as I did above.

• Bumping this back to the top of the list. 

This seems like an easy win for Garmin. 

Is there an official way to push feature requests to Garmin?