Mk1 Bluetooth, Wifi, GPS Question

I'm hoping somebody can answer the following questions:

Is it possible to actually turn off both the Bluetooth and the Wifi or are you simply disconnecting?

Can the GPS be turned on/off and can GPS be selected and Glonass ignored?

That being said an inability to do so is the result of hardware limitations or software?

Any chance that the Mk 2 will have the ability to do a hardware turn-off of Bluetooth, Wifi, Glonass?

Thanks,

DiverJoe
  • Are you just looking to not have a connection to your phone? If so, then just go to the Control Panel (upper left button) and scroll through your options until you see a Phone and a Bluetooth icon. Select that to turn it off.

If you’re looking to have GPS only (which is the default setting), then go to the Activities you want this done for (We’ll use “Track Me” as an example):

Once you get to “Track Me” hold the middle button on the left side and you’ll see “Track Me Settings” Select that and scroll down until you see GPS. Select that and then adjust your settings as normal. Same routine with the rest of the GPS relegated Activities.
  • What do you mean by GPS only?

As far as bluetooth and wifi, my question is not how to disconnect from my phone but if there is a way to turn it off such that the device does not emit bluetooth and wifi signals.
  • You have a choice of GPS, GPS/Glonass or UltraTrac.

If you disconnect the watch from the phone and don’t have any WiFi routers setup, what makes you think there’s still a signal?
  • Thanks for the GPS info.

I don't understand the last bit of what you're saying. A bluetooth or wifi chip should broadcast at that frequency unless stopped via software or disabled via hardware. Disconnecting typically means just not acknowledging a device. Do you have the watch? If you do and you disconnect is the watch and you go to wifi or bluetooth on your laptop or phone does it show up in the list of available connections?

• I don’t have WiFi networks setup and when I turn off the Bluetooth connection, nothing shows on my external devices.

Yes, I have the watch. But it’s the same as all the other Fenix Family of watches.