Gas / Tank information only visible on the web and not on Android app

I have recently purchased and completed my first dives with my Descent MK1. The experience has been good overall, but I do have a problem viewing my tank / gas information. Having recorded it from the dive, I edited some information on the mobile app. This was proving cumbersome, so I recorded the remainder of information for my 1st dive and all the tank / gas information for my second dive on my laptop once I got home on the web interface.

The problem I'm facing is that the Connect app does not show any tank / gas information in the Bottom Gas section of the dive information. However, when I view the dive details on the web interface and click through to Tanks and Gasses, all my recorded information is visible there.

I'd appreciate it if someone could explain why I might not be seeing this on the app, or confirmation on whether it's a bug if this is supposed to work as I imagine it should (being visible in the app once updated on the web interface)

Thanks!
  • I only have the iOS app so I can't confirm what you are seeing.

I was able to update gas information for two different dives: one on the web and the data show fine in Connect on my iPhone; the other I updated on Connect on my iPhone and it shows fine on the web.

That said, Connect is a poor substitute for a dive log and unlikely to be improved enough for it to be usable. For example, it only allows integers for tank size and SAC so I can't enter my 10.5 and 12.2L tanks, nor can I enter my SAC which is usually between 0.8 and 1.2 bar/min.

There are much better alternatives available and these will allow you to import the FIT file created by the Mk1: Subsurface, Diving Log 6.0 and Mac Dive are just some examples.
  • Thanks for your response. I do agree around the fact that Connect is not a good substitute for a dive log just yet. I do hope that they put effort into it and take community input into consideration to build a tool that becomes much more than it is today though.
  • I doubt they will put much effort in to improve it. If you look at Running and Cycling which have a much larger user base, Connect provides only basic support for both of those sports and anyone that wants to do any decent analysis use other tools like Strava.

The other major drawback with Connect is you have to be online to use it. No Internet connection means it won't work. If you're on a remote Liveaboard you won't have access.
  • Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We were able to reproduce it on an Android phone. Spabel I will be contacting you via private message so we can collect some additional information to allow us to investigate this further.
  • Garmin-Nate

Would be great if someone could look into my email to support about the massive glitch in the “Pool Mode” and the 140+ Million average depth and the end N2 at 65535%.
  • I had the same issue the other day with my first two dives - it populates as an air dive initially but if I change any of the gas fields and save it, every gas field becomes blank. I've now changed them on the website but it still won't show the fields as filled on the app. Android Google Pixel 2 XL on Android Pie.
  • Hi Garmin-Nate , thanks for your response. I have followed the instruction you sent. Looking forward to having this issue resolved, thanks again!
  • Odie21 and Iain92 I just sent you a private message.
  • I have the same issue, I sent all the info and requested files to product support, I haven't heard from them since April 8th.
    Seems like anytime you edit the dive on the android app, it deletes all the gas, water type, suit type and more.
  • It seems to have now been resolved on my app. I can see all the information I have previously entered and modifying them on the app doesn't delete all the rest.
    It also happen to add all the dives that I had deleted.