Dive gps coordinates

I see where keeps the GPS coordinates on the watch. When I go to view the dive on the Garman app it shows the start and finish, various numbers of dives but no GPS coordinates. Can you only access these through the watch?
Additionally, the watch GPS format does not match my Garman GPS boat plotter. Has any one seen a way to convert those two are usable format?
I just got the watch did several good drops free dive spearfishing watch work great. I also tested the capabilities are a couple of tank tops with the Compass that everybody says they have issues. I had no such issues with the Compass freezing.
  • The GPS coordinates are in the FIT file that is on the watch and uploaded to Garmin Connect. I don't believe there is a way to extract them from Garmin Connect.

If you load the FIT file into MacDive or Diving Log 6.0 you can get the coordinates.
  • I would like to be able to see entry and exit point coordinates in Connect. Anyone knows how do other Garmin watches address coordinates? Can this be put as an enhancement request?
  • Anyone knows how do other Garmin watches address coordinates?

Exactly how the Descent Mk1 does it. Remember that the Descent Mk1 is just a Fenix 5X with diving features.

Connect shows a map of a run, walk, bike ride, etc. but the coordinates of the start, end (or path) are not available directly in Connect. They are in the FIT which can be downloaded as can be with a dive. For these non-diving activities, it is also possible to download a TCX file or a GPX file. Both of these are text files which can be opened in a text editor and you can copy/paste the coordinates.

See for yourself. Take your Mk1 for a run or a walk.
  • I can't believe that there the GPS coordinates for a dive site cannot be displayed in the Garmin app. This is kind of important to me and the very thing I wanted the GPS functions for. If I had known that upfront, I probably would have bought a Teric.

Come on Garmin. You're the GPS gurus. Give us coordinates in the app or on connect!
  • yes, it is pretty insane that they don't download the data on the map page to the connect app. I have found a workaround, which is you take a screenshot with your phone of the data on the watch. Cumbersome but at least you have the GPS coordinates to use elsewhere. The GPS format is a little off from the garmin chart plotters which makes things a little difficult.
  • Why not just download Diving Log 6.0 for free and load the FIT file into that? Much easier and you can copy/paste the coordinates.
  • do I have to use the desktop garmin connect to locate and download the fit file? what is the process for downloading those gps coordinates?

thanks!
  • You have two options for getting the FIT files:
    * Connect the Mk1 to your computer with the charging clip and pull the files directly from the watch
    * Go to Garmin Connect web page, go to the dive, click on the COG icon and select "Export Original". That will download a ZIP file and just unzip it.

Import the FIT file into Diving Log 6.0. Select the icon next to Dive Site and click "Garmin <date> <time>" and you will have your coordinates.

If you use a Mac, the next version of MacDive should have the coordinates in the Notes for the dive.
  • diving log 6.0 only gets entry and exit points , does not get/show all the intermediate surface time that occurs in between. I use the watch for spearfishing in apnea and normally i emerge 10-20 times in a session and i would like to visualize all the points and coordinates. this is possible for example with expertgps software but it's expensive.

• I have similar issue, when i go spearfishing i start the dive session and then every time i found a good spot take watch out of the water until it gets the gps position. in this way i should be able to mark all the good spots. when i go to view the dive i see start and finish and various numbers that should be all the good spots. the Problem is there is no way for me to visualize or download the coordinates of those spots. I need the coordinates  to use them with my boat gps.