Speed of going up and down during diving

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to see the diving speed when going up or down? my instructor told me that I should be able to see the diving speed on any diving computer, is this possible to do on the Descent G1?

Thank you very much

• Do you mean during the dive or after?

If you mean on the watch, it will indicate your ascent rate not in numbers, but in terms of good/moderate and too high. As for descent rate - I don't see why that would be necessary on a watch like this aimed at recreational divers, it only really arguably comes into play on technical dives.

I would say that you should spend some time with the manual and get to know its features inside out - RTFM is a lot more serious a piece of advice when you're trusting your life to a piece of equipment.

• Hello 8179963,

I am just want to say that Yes, the Descent G1 dive computer does provide the capability to display your diving speed when ascending or descending in the water. The Descent G1 is a high-end dive computer manufactured by Garmin, specifically designed for scuba diving.

The device features a digital compass, multiple dive modes, and advanced dive metrics. It offers real-time data during your dive, including depth, time, temperature, and ascent/descent speed. The diving speed information can help you maintain a safe ascent or descent rate, which is crucial for dive safety.

While wearing the Descent G1 during your dive, you should be able to see your current ascent or descent speed displayed on the screen. This information will help you monitor your rate of ascent or descent and adjust it as needed to ensure you follow safe diving practices.

It's worth noting that each dive computer may have slightly different user interfaces and settings, so it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the specific features and functions of the Descent G1 by referring to the user manual provided by Garmin. The user manual will provide detailed instructions on how to navigate through the device's menus and access the different data screens, including the display of diving speed.

If you have any further questions or require specific guidance on using the Descent G1 dive computer, I recommend consulting the user manual or reaching out to Garmin's customer support for more assistance.