The tide and weather data not updating

Is very annoying that no data like tides, weather nothing is updated unless the connect app isn’t started. Am I missing a setting or something?

• I have the same issue. Im specifically interested in the tides and it works fine for half a day without the phone being connected, then it says No Tide Data and prompts me to connect my phone. Very sad that simple tidal calendars cannot be saved on the watch and instead need phone connections. My 15y old Casio ProTrek can do tides without phone....Very disappointed in Garmin G1 Solar regarding tides app not being able to work without phone connection

• yeah I know. meanwhile I got the Descent MK1 and is the same. They have an app for tides which is updating them using the phone connection. I have 2 other Casio g-shock which as you say have the ability to calculate the tides by simply setting the high tide time for today and the hemisphere. 

• Yes, would be very nice if Garmin devs can implement this feature with next update. No point in having tide data for 3 days only if you are somewhere remote/outdoors without reception to update after 3 days.