D2 Air - version 2.60

Garmin has released version 2.60 for the D2 Air series. The list of changes are below.

Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:

• Navigation improvements for multi-point flight plans from Garmin Pilot
  • Fix Aviation Database update to not change saved METAR locations
  • Fix to show Waypoint widget without Bluetooth connection
  • Fix potential crash while connected to USB
  • Fix METAR/WPT widget lag after reboot
  • Fix METAR widget for single direction runways
  • Fix to show Vertical Visibility on watch face complication
  • Fix missing freezing rain bitmap on watch face
  • Improvements for WiFi aviation database upgrade procedure
  • Fix Aviation Units menu to refresh correctly
  • Fix to show pressure units in Altitude menu
  • Fix Auto Fly text units for metric/statute
  • Increase minimum timed activity alert to 5 seconds
  • Fix potential settings mismatch for manual flight timer operation
  • Add text for mm Hg on ME TAR widget
  • Fixed an issue that caused devices to reset on power up
  • Added details page to last sport widgets
  • Added improvements for faster syncs with Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Improved shortcut setup and interaction with the page
  • Fixed potential auto activity start false positives
  • Fixed issues with double swipes from the watch face
  • Removed golf course list timeout when starting golf activity
  • Fixed layout of the 'No Notifications' page
  • Added support for calibrating elevation from Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Updated stopwatch layout
  • Improved time to first GPS fix in certain conditions
  • Made general bug fixes for golf activities
  • Fixed body battery graph layout
  • Increased precision of weight in strength activities
  • Enabled app encryption for widgets and data fields
  • Improved translations

Unlike the other D2 series devices, there is no Updates & Downloads page links.

• continue to maintain a list of bugs, requests, fixes and workarounds. I personally have a D2 Air device so I should be able to confirm bugs and fixes as they appear.

I've bolded anything that would generally consider to be a serious issue that impedes use of the watch or included functionality (ie. reboots versus display or other issues). Reply below with comments and I'll keep the list updated.

Outstanding issues / bugs:

• [WATCH] Measurement of PulseOx is inconsistent during flight (with FLY app)
    • [WATCH] GPS is incredibly slow to acquire an initial fix (up to 60 seconds) compared to other D2 devices
    • [GPS] TO BE CONFIRMED - cannot receive a GPS fix within the flight deck of an Airbus A-320 (and several other aircraft)
    • [CONNEXT] none

Feature requests:

• none at this time

Fixed issues:

• [APPS] The activity stops on FLY app after ~2 minutes at slow speeds when Flight Timer is set to 'Manual' [fixed in 2.60]
    • [WIDGETS] Waypoints widget doesn't handle single direction runways (eg. Rwy 23 at EDDW) [fixed in 2.60]

Old issues [could not be confirmed or appear to work as expected]:

• none at this time
  • Maybe... I could suggest a request:

When in FLY app, the activity records a lot of variables that later, when the activity is over, they are presented in both the Garmin Connect app, and synchronised in the flight log of fly.garmin.com. The most useful variable for me is the altitude over time. This is presented as follows (I have an Android device):

Basically, the representation presents me the data of the "Y" axis in the user preselected units, and the units of the "X" axis are always the time elapsed, beginning with 0.

• I think there should be an option where it could be possible to visualize in the "X" axis the actual hour of start, and be able to know at which hour every lap / touch and go / go around... has happened. The "X" axis should have the option to visualize the "hour", and not the "period of time". This would be really useful since I, for example, (like most of people) have to fill up the Technical Log of the airplane after each flight. It has to be done stating the "out time", "in time", "off time" and "on time". I would manually start the app when the engine of my Cessna starts, and manually stop the app when I turn off the engine. After that, checking the Connect app I would check the exact time of the take off, and the exact time of the landing. This would simplify a lot the tasks of adding and substracting in order to get the Technical Log done...
    • Also, it would be useful if the offset of the "Y" axis could be adjustable, in order to have the graph representation in altitude over MSL, or i height above the terrain/aerodrome.

Personally, I don't know if this request has to be formulated to the team of the Connect App; to the people of flygarmin; to the ones who have developed the FLY app; or to the other ones who have developed the firmware...

I'm new here, but I'll help in what I can..!

• I think that more and more teams at Garmin are now employing the "partial rollout" strategy, where the users receiving access to the update are spread out over a given number of days. The nice thing about this method is that if there are unexpected issues with a release that not everyone will run into issues. The bad thing about this method is that if the release is good with no issues (I've only seen two such instances with the D2 series in the past 6 years) then users have to wait around for the release while others are already talking about it. 

The group responsible for the Venu (D2 Air's base platform) do this so it's entirely possible that the Venu group handle the deploy/rollout of D2 Air firmware. I will ask the Aviation Support team about this so we have a better idea of what to expect in the future.

• That kind of rollout seems reasonable, as long as it does not that too long.  I suppose i will have to check every few days.  I live in the eastern US..

• Have you checked your D2 is directly connected to a Wi-Fi network?

A friend of mine had the same problem and it was because he didn't set-up the smartwatch Wi-Fi connection with the Connect App.

• I have no WiFi at home so my connect is BT. I did updates before without WiFi..

• Finally got my 2.60  update.   Have not noticed most of those changes.