Question for Helicopter pilots

Im only 10 hours into my flying training on Helis, but am considering buying a D2,how easy is it to manipulate the buttons/menus when flying a heli? or is this something that will get easier with time?

• I'm not a rotary pilot but I don't think you'd be able to do much manipulation on the watch without a co-pilot, an autopilot or extended use of friction on the controls. That said, if your watch is setup for the route, there is an "Auto Scroll" option on the FLY activity whereby all the watch cycles through all of the various data screens. This would allow you to see the various info on the watch during the flight without needing to remove your hands from the controls.

• If you wear the watch on the right arm you might get away with it (with practice you can get very quick at pressing the buttons).

in general though I see no need to switch between screens, it usually stays on the first (instruments) screen as that shows all I need (our aircraft all have at least GNS430 so I don’t do flight plans on the watch)