D2 Delta - version 5.20

Garmin has released version 5.20 for the D2 Delta series. From Garmin's "Updates & Downloads" pages for the various D2 Delta devices (see below for individual links), the consolidated list of changes are below; where a feature only applies to a specific device it is so identified.

Changes made from version 5.10 to 5.20:

• Improved the reliability of Wifi syncs.
  • Made several minor improvements for music.
  • Fixed an issue where one could no longer add the Garmin Coach widget.
  • Fixed an issue where smart notifications could intermittently stop working on iOS devices.
  • Fixed an issue with golf auto-scoring while using CT-10.
  • Fixed an intermittent issue where the device could crash when using the Xero widget.
  • Fixed an issue where the device could crash during a Biking activity when using a speed or cadence sensor.
  • Fixed an intermittent issue where the device could crash when fetching calendar information from the smartphone.

Changelog links:
Delta: "Updates & Downloads"
Delta S: "Updates & Downloads"
Delta PX: "Updates & Downloads"

See the next post for the list of bugs and such that I am maintaining.

• I've started a list of bugs, requests, fixes and workarounds that I will try to maintain. I personally have a D2 Delta device but I am unable to contribute to the list for anything that specifically/only affects the Delta S or the Delta PX.

I've bolded anything that would generally consider to be a serious issue that impedes use of the watch or included functionality (ie. reboots versus display or other issues). Reply below with comments and I'll keep the list updated.

Outstanding issues / bugs:

• [WATCH] Altimeter hardware does not seem to properly handle rapid elevation changes, either from lag or hanging (also affects Fenix 5X+)
    • [WATCH] Running Dynamics drops out around two minute mark when phone is connected; workaround: disable connection to phone while running (also affects Fenix 5X+)
    • [WATCH] There is no way to clear the tail number (aircraft registration) once entered into the watch config
    • [GPS] cannot receive a GPS fix within the flight deck of an Airbus A-320 (and several other aircraft)
    • [WIDGETS] Altimeter widget ignores the widget configuration for display units of "feet" when general watch config is set to metric
    • [WIDGETS] METAR widget uses watch setting for METAR visibility -- add configuration option for "visibility" to "Aviation Units" section
    • [WIDGETS] METAR widget displays blanks screen if station (nearest or manually entered) does not have a published METAR (eg. CYCZ)
    • [WIDGETS] METAR widget does not display the numeric value for the TAF visibility, and instead shows "P SM" or "SM" without the number
    • [WIDGETS] Temperature widget does not display the proper density altitude when using metric units on the watch
    • [CONNEXT] Garmin Pilot does not receive the altitude from the watch

Feature requests:

• [WATCH] don't display the Nav Data status at the end of the "About" section, but instead display it after firmware version numbers
    • [WATCH] add configuration option for "visibility" to "Aviation Units" section, to allow selection of SM, meters or kilometers
    • [WATCH] add configuration option for "pressure" to "Aviation Units" section, to allow selection of inHG or mb
    • [WIDGETS] METAR widget only displays cloud coverage (sky) information when there is a measured ceiling but should display FEW and SCT when no ceiling is present
    • [WIDGETS] METAR widget "Use Nearest" function should retrieve an active GPS fix rather than using the last known position
    • [WIDGETS] METAR widget only displays the first six (6) periods of the TAF, which I believe is a holdover from the memory issues on the older D2 Bravo devices

Fixed issues:

• [WATCH] add support for Galileo GNSS
    • [WATCH] add support for Spotify (feature request, added in FW 4.50)

Old issues [could not be confirmed or appear to work as expected]:

• none at this time
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure it were the same changes as for the f5+ 7.60 firmware. But I only glanced at them for a second before they were gone again.

• On my D2 delta i noticed with 5.20 my tailnr still resets to default "d2 delta" after every reboot and when opening Maps I get the tutorial everytime also after reboot.

Anyone alse with this? 

Have tried fresh install and a hard reset. 

• I am having this issue as well since 5.10. This has not been fixed. Also, since 5.10 (and 5.20), my altimeter is off by 50 to 60 feet when using barometric pressure from METAR. It is just annoying.

• Same here with the tutorial.... It does it for the apps as well after a few days....

• I note that my HR readings are significantly more reliable since the update (or perhaps it was the sensor hub update a few days earlier). I can no do a power walk without my indicated HR nonchalantly dropping to 60 during high pace!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to AvoOhanian

Yep, have that, too.

• Hi

While this isn't a D2 specific request I'm not to sure where else to put it.

On my new D2 running 5.2 the default weather widget shows current temp, precipitation chance, temp high and low.

That's great as far as it goes, but also having the humidity on that screen would help enormously.  Anyone who's done any travelling knows that 30C at 30% humidity feels like a world of difference from 30C at anything over 80% humidity.