D2 Delta fw 5.20 plus purchased AUS/NZ Topo map

Hi all,

Garmin Express just downloaded and installed an updated firmware for my D2 Delta (fw 5.20) but unfortunately it does not resolve my issue with the purchased AUS/NZ Topo (v6) map.

The only advice I have gotten from Avionics support was to do a reset however I have done this many times with the same result as per my cut/paste below. 

Can anyone please advise if they are having similar issues with purchased maps?

A.

"Just a note on a couple of issues that have cropped up after firmware update 5.10. Note that I always do a clean install of updates (ie download through Garmin Express, install, remove watch from Express, reset watch using hard reset procedure, setup watch without GPS sync and reset using internal menu.... then setup watch as new)

The main issue is with the use of the paid Garmin full Australian v6 topo map. However the strange thing is that it only started AFTER the built in TopoActive AUS/NZ upgrade from 2018.20 to 2019.10 on Sunday. Even with the built in TopoActive and Worldwide DEM maps disabled, only the v6 map enabled, any map related features including POI searches cause it to freeze. Power cycle takes about 5 mins to start. Full reset takes around 45 minutes at the loading maps stage (extremely slow bar progress). During this stage, power drains fast!

Removing the v6 map and following the reset procedure above restores map functionality. Of course, there is a lot less detail in the built in maps! Plus I paid a mint for the v6...."