Charlie button water ingress

Hi Guys, just wondered if anyone else has had a problem with their D2 Charlie with water getting in the select button? Doesn't seem to get into the watch (yet) but after a shower pressing the button it squelches and you can see water being pushed out when pressed. Garmin seem to want to do an exchange but I only want to if its for new, otherwise would prefer they repair mine.
Anyone else had such an issue?

Thanks

Andy
  • I never experienced that issue. You may want to post in Fenix forums as well. Did you try to press the button in shower? I have had a couple of RMAs with Garmin. I was happy with the results.
  • This has been noted on other watches that go in the water. I often see it with mine after a swim - 935, F5+. I think the buttons sit in a 'sealed pocket'. Water gets in the pocket but not into the device and is 'released' when the button is pressed.
  • Generally speaking... water resistance tests are conducted in cold or room temperature.... with hot water... or very warm water... the rubber seals expand then contract...and over time weaken and become misshapen and will compromise water resistance..also pressing buttons under water on nearly all watches will let in water of course.
    I don't know if this reflects your problem.. but
    I wouldn't put any watch in hot or very warm water.