Unable to sync Waypoints or Tracks from Map to GPS

I have some custom waypoints and tracks I want stored on my device for an upcoming trip.   I imported the tracks from an older GPS to the map share site, created a new collection and setup the waypoints I wanted.  

This collection is marked to sync to the device, but when I sync via the (totally horrible) phone app or via cable, none of the waypoints or tracks will sync to my device. 

It's getting really frustrating and I am tempted to switch back to my old trusty 60csx as this always worked and I could get what I needed for this trip as I really need the waypoints / tracks. 

Things checked:

Under Devices --> Sync --> Collections | Collection in question is checked to sync.

Under Map --> Collections | All the data I want is part of said collection.

Under Map -- Collections | Sync to device is checked. 

On In-Reach:

Waypoints --> Empty

Map --> No tracks, no waypoints.

On App:

Waypoints listed, but when clicked, nothing on map.

Tracking shows no tracks, (Tracking button crashes the app ~50% of the time)

I've had really poor luck using the app to do anything with the GPS, the stability/quality of the app is extremely poor.  I do 90% of my syncing via a hard line to make sure my data is actually pushed to the cloud. 

How do I get this data on my device and be able to view it?

• The tracks are likely to sync to this device as routes. You should probably check to see if they are present as routes. If not, one of things you might try is to import one of the tracks into the web site AS a route, then sync. See if it shows up on the device as a route. I'm suggesting this because I don't recall whether or not tracks (as tracks) sync to this device or not. This is a legacy device and I don't have one with which to test it myself.

I can't account for the inability to sync waypoints. You've already tried everything I can think of, including a wired sync. I'd call tech support.

• Twolpert,

Thanks for the advice.  Converting to routes fixed both issues.  The track + waypoints are no showing both on Phone (app) and device.

I will do this from now on, thanks again.