Waypoint transfer?

I am in the process of transferring my waypoints from my GPSMap 64s to the In Reach I just purchased.  I am wondering if there is a way to combine all the gpx files that I have that are waypoints or do I need to import them one at a time.  I'm just trying to speed up the process if thats possible.  Thanks!!!

Parents
  • With the legacy devices, you are limited to adding data via sync. You can't mount them as removable "disks" and transfer data directly. Basically, you will have to import the GPX file(s) into the Explore web site, then sync the resulting waypoints to the device. You can sync either via the Earthmate mobile app or via wired sync using the desktop Sync program.

You can combine GPX files before importing them as long as the result is a valid GPX file. The easiest way to do this manually is with a simple text editor such as Windows Notepad, using copy and paste. You can also import them into something like BaseCamp, then export them as single file.  (My BaseCamp is rusty, but I'm pretty sure that's possible.)

• With the legacy devices, you are limited to adding data via sync. You can't mount them as removable "disks" and transfer data directly. Basically, you will have to import the GPX file(s) into the Explore web site, then sync the resulting waypoints to the device. You can sync either via the Earthmate mobile app or via wired sync using the desktop Sync program.

You can combine GPX files before importing them as long as the result is a valid GPX file. The easiest way to do this manually is with a simple text editor such as Windows Notepad, using copy and paste. You can also import them into something like BaseCamp, then export them as single file.  (My BaseCamp is rusty, but I'm pretty sure that's possible.)

Children