How current are topos?

How current are the topo maps on the InReach SE Explorer+? The trail I am planning (Centennial Trail in SD) shows on the map, however, there have been a number of reroutes. The Nat Geo physical topos do not show the reroutes, wondering if this will.  I am planning a thru hike of the CT and am having trouble finding maps (physical or on a device) that show the current trail.  About 15 miles have been added so it's not an insignificant change. 

• You're probably going to have to open a support call to get definitive information on this. The SE/Explorer maps are in the legacy DeLorme format. That's not to say they're no longer being updated, but I don't know how frequent the updates are.

Either way, there are always questions about whether or not specific changes, especially to trails, made it into any given update.

Out of curiosity, have you tried OSM?

• Thanks for the quick reply!  I will call the support line and see what they have to say.  I don't know what OSM is so I'm guessing that answer is no.  I generally use physical maps (usually Nat Geo topos) when hiking but I was thinking that in this case, no map was probably better than an incorrect one.  I have preloaded all the trailheads into my InReach so I'm not too worried.  I'm not going to be hopelessly lost, just trying not to wander off on a game trail and adding miles to my hike.

• Open Street Map. These are crowd-sourced maps. In spite of the name, they include trail data in many cases. I only suggested it as a possible way to get a look at the changes. Although they can be used on some Garmin devices, I'm not aware of any way to put them on the SE/Explorer devices.

Unless they are available as maps on the explore.garmin.com web site. I don't currently have an active SE/Explorer, so I can't check.

https://www.openstreetmap.org

Edited to add: The trail is present. However, only some segments have tracks. But at least one of them is no more than a year old.