This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connect Inreach Explorer+ to PC via USB

Hopefully this is not an often asked question. I did look in search but could not locate anything. When connecting my Inreach Explorer+ to PC via USB it will not show the USB icon and connect. Sync app works fine, and the USB symbol will display briefly whilst Sync reboots the device. I have turned the unit on and then plugged in USB as well as plugging in USB prior to turning on, so it was off and did not display USB icon.

Is there a trick to this?
  • Hesitate to post this because I can't remember enough details, but FWIW... Is this a Mac or Windows PC? The reason I ask is that some of the inReach devices (and I can't remember about the Explorer+ specifically) use MTP (media transfer protocol) rather than straight removable USB "drives". You can't tell externally because all the devices, regardless of protocol, display the standard USB icon when in transfer mode. MTP just works on Windows machiens, but MTP is not natively supported on Macs. You need third-party software to connect.