View track on inReach mini?

I am new for inReach mini, got it for my BD. Happy with it too much!

I understand main function is messaging and SOS, but still want to know how to use this amazing small piece of tech for maximum.

Can't find how to view on screen recorded track(s)? Is it possible to record a few track by device himself then select one of them for navigation?

• About all you can do from the remote control widget on the watch is start and stop tracking, and monitor the track statistics. It's easy to send preset messages from the watch. It is also possible to send quick text or free-form messages. However, if you have to type recipient addresses (instead of choosing contacts) or if you need to type the message text, it's torture. Even worse than the Mini itself because there are no auto-complete suggestions for the text body.

None of the iR devices have a provision for sending messages with track points. 

Some of the iR devices "prompt you" to send a message to MapShare when you start tracking. But this is an independent function. It's never automatic. Offhand, I don't recall if the Mini does this or not.

• again one more time thank you! It seems when I have a plan to use Tracking I need in advance share MapShare link with my friends and family, and tell them check it time to time manually? Is it workaround for Tracking to keep friends and family informed?

• Yes. The best approach is to give friends and family the link to your MapShare page in advance. Then send them a message when you actually start out. This tells them you're on your way. It also "primes the pump" so that they can reply to that initial message (at a later time) if they need to contact you.

The standard set of quick text messages (which you can change if you like) contains status messages which are useful for reporting status - things like "starting here", "stopping here", "checking in - all is well", "going to be late", etc.

• got it! Thank you!

Of course IR - Garmin can design this system a little bit better, like to include option to automatically notify set of contacts when some tracking is activated / deactivated. Any case even this implementation of satellite communication is better than no communication at all!

• You can configure your preset messages to include a mapshare link in it. My Preset #1 says something like "Starting an adventure, outside of cellphone range, reply to this to reach me via satellite, or click this link to view my progress!" and then Garmin automatically adds the mapshare link to the end of the message.

As your device sends tracking points to Iridium/Garmin, the mapshare map linked in the first preset message gets updated automatically. It's all automatic, I don't have to remember to keep sending messages, the IR does it for me. All I have to remember to do is turn on tracking on the IR and send Preset #1 at the start of each trip, and turn off tracking when I'm finished.

The link for the mapshare map never changes during the activity, so all someone at home needs to do is open the link from the preset message, and refresh the page whenever they want to see your progress.

• thank you! it is more clear now. Just need to explain it to my friends and family.