fenix 6 software 6 With Inreach

the AppAthe App Expedition dont connect with Inreach Mini, only search( but never connected). But at the same time the inreach widget are connected, very disappointed Expedition dont connect with Inreach Mini, only seach. But at the same time the inreach widget are connected, very desappointed

• When using the Expedition App on the fenix 6, sensor connections (Bluetooth, ANT+) are disabled by design to prolong battery life. As a result, the inReach Mini will not stay paired to the watch when using Expedition mode. If this is not what you are talking about, please reply with some photos of the issues you're encountering to give us a better idea.

• sorry to late in my answer, why is the reason for the page of inreach? if you cut the sensor connections (Bluetooth, ANT+) the page is not necessary

best regard

• When the watch is not using the Expedition App, the inReach Widget will work which is why it is there. Using the Expedition App/Activity is for when you need to greatly extend the battery life of the watch while still recording your journey. For shorter trips that don't require extended battery life, the inReach Widget will still function as long as the sensor connections are not disabled. Having an inReach paired to the watch will impact battery life on both the watch and the inReach, which is why the Expedition App disables sensor connections -- to extend battery life. There are lots of options with these watches to suit a multitude of different use cases and there isn't one correct way to use or set up the watch. The inReach Widget can also be removed from the watch if not being used.

• Ya, there is no way you'd get weeks of battery life if you left the ANT+ connection on the watch turned on. The whole point of Expedition mode is that the watch turns off ALL non-essential stuff. The InReach widget is definitely non-essential - it's a luxury. You can use the InReach device itself, without the watch interface, so it would be silly to keep that connection alive and lose potentially weeks off your battery life.

If you don't want to have ALL non-essential stuff turned off, then Expedition mode isn't right for you. You'd be better off using a standard Activity (like Hiking), and use a custom Power Mode that turns off everything except Ant+. The battery won't last nearly as long as Expedition mode, but you'll get to keep your InReach widget/datapage. If you need it to last more than 60 hours in GPS mode, consider carrying a small battery pack for occasional recharges.

I bought a $10 battery pack on Amazon that is barely bigger than a credit card, and can fully recharge my watch 5 times. I figure that extends my GPS time to about 300 hours, which is plenty for any expedition I'll ever be doing.

• Hi,

Sorry to bump the trade bit I have a question about Inreach. I have a Inreach Explorer + and a Fenix 5X plus. I can not pair the two together. Is this doable with the Fenix 6?

Thanks

Jonas

• The question would be: Why is there an InReach page within the Expedition App by default? Pretty useless as the inReach will be disconnected as soon as you start the Expedition app...