Plan Discrepancy

I am going on a 3 day climb next week so I upped my subscription from the recreation plan to the expedition plan. My online account shows the change, however my device still says I'm on the recreation plan. I have synced it and I've also had it check for updates twice. Anyone else have this issue? 

• On September 26, there was a brief outage which affected the ability to change plans. You can see what little detail was provided here:

https://status.inreach.garmin.com/incidents/39dy80ck16qc

I would suggest that you verify that your online account shows the change and sync again. If you are still having problems, a call to support is probably in order.

In general, you can view current system status here: https://status.inreach.garmin.com/. You can also subscribe to email updates from that page. The status page is also accessible via the link in the upper right corner of any page at inreach.garmin.com.

• Thanks. I verified that my online account shows the correct plan. I will try and re-sync the device to see if that helps but I made this change 2 days ago, before the outage took place. 

• Just updated it and re-sync'd it. Still shows old plan.

• Best call support. If it hasn't been updated by now, it's probably not going to clear up just by waiting. Chat and email also work, but you're likely to get quicker and better support if you call.

• Solved: For anyone having the same issue, the device has to be sync'd on a computer, not just by bluetooth, to reflect the correct plan. And, the only way my device could be recognized was by using the usb cord that was provided by Garmin, no other cord worked prior to that. 

• Sorry, I neglected to ask about the sync mechanism. AFAIK, the Earthmate app only knows about contacts, message content, and so forth. Nothing about the plan. (OTOH, I did find some Garmin documentation that says that plan changes sync via Earthmate as well. Guess that's incorrect.)

I was absolutely unable to find ANY documentation on the Check for Updates option under Utilities > Data Use > Check for Updates. The description on the device itself certainly says that it does check for plan changes. So I'm mystified as to why this did not find the change. Maybe insufficient sky view and the request failed?

I would guess that the USB cable issue has something to do with attempting to determine if the connection is "power only" or "power + data". If that's really the case, I didn't know Garmin was using this, since it's somewhat non-standard. Only a guess on my part.