is there a way to archive messages but keep them available on map/mapshare?

So this weekend I took a trip and used the mini for the first time in the wild. The device worked well and i'm generally happy. One bit of oddness is that earthmate didn't always sync the replies to my messages into the message list/thread. When I got home, i wanted to clean up the threads in earthmate and ended up deleting the messages. This of course removed them from mapshare as an unintended consequence of deleting the messages. 

Is there a better way to keep these around, but not clutter the inreach device or earthmate? 

• As far as Earthmate goes, you can hide history (both messages and sent points). More > History, then turn off the switch(es) for the day(s) you want to hide. IIRC, this hides the messages and sent points, but not the track lines.

The only way to get rid of the track lines is to clear the log on the Mini. You can either do that from the Mini or from the Tracking screen in Earthmate. From Earthmate, tap the "share" icon in the upper right corner, then tap Clear. You probably have to confirm that operation. Unlike deleting messages, this only affects the device and Earthmate. If you want to save the detailed track logs, sync them to the web site first.

I don't know of any way to hide messages on the Mini itself.