How to view Preset Messages in MapShare on the map?

Preset messages aren't showing up on the map on my MapShare page.  The messages are all listed if I click on he "Messages(20)" line, but they don't get displayed on the map.  Even if I open the list and click on a specific messages, the maps centers that message, but there is no icon or other marker on the map indicating where that message was sent from.

When I send a preset message, my recipient list does get it and when they click on the list, they get a page showing just that one message location on the map.

I do have the MapShare checkbox checked on configuration for the preset messages.

It seems like once I sync my inReach Mini with my phone (I assume it is the Earthmate app doing the syncing), the locations show up, but I suspect that is because my active collection is getting synced rather than it showing the actual messages received

So how can I have my preset message locations shown on MapShare for users to follow me when I'm out of cell range and can't sync my phone.  

• A few things are finally starting to make more sense now with that explanation.  Thanks for the patience.

- Earthmate and Explore definitely don't seem to play nice with each other.  Trying to delete most of the items out of my library wasn't working when using both as at least Earthmate kept restoring what I was deleting.  But sounds like with just an inReach Mini, I shouldn't be using Explore anyway.

- The only reason for me to even use Earthmate is if I want to send a more complex custom messages.  I've always got a watch with me doing the tracking anyway.

- I can actually do all of the configuration with the inReach web site and use the inReach sync tool on my PC.  I'm not planning on updating my messages and settings very often.  Too bad it isn't integrated into Garmin Express.

- all 4 messages in my library (they aren't really in the library though, are they) are showing up in the MapShare map, with the latest being just a blue arrow (Is the latest one always a blue arrow?).  When I head out later, I'll send another message to see its impact.

- There are still tracks showing up in Earthmate that I don't know how to get rid of.  They don't show up as waypoints, routes, or history.  I assume they are tracks, but not sure how to view/select/delete tracks in Earthmate.  The cyan lines in this pic.  But the messages other than the last one, aren't being displayed here.  They would be on that little circle upper left edge.

• I do know where they hide that functionality. You probably know that More > History takes you to a page where you can show or hide tracks by date. From there, you can also delete all the tracks from the Earthmate app.

But it's not exactly intuitive. From the History  page, tap the share button (the square box/uparrow in the upper right corner). The choose Delete All. 

By default (unless you make other arrangements for the device), everything goes into the legacy Library "collection". Because the Mini is not supported by the Explore app, you would have to create new collections from the Map tab at explore.garmin.com, then manipulate the collection assignments on the Plans & Devices tab. Unless you did all that, it's all going into the Library.

• Wow, that was obvious Slight smile  Thanks.

Yes, I had created a "inReach" collection that I have stuff the inReach mini stuff going into.

oops, spoke to soon.  I did the "history/share/delete all" thing, but those Cyan colored lines are still there.  So it's like those lines are something else other than "history" but I can't find any other objects they could be. 

OK, they do disappear when in options, I turn off "Show Track Line".  Is that a track line being recorded by the EarthMate app itself, that you can't manage other than disable altogether?   

• Oops. The one on History gets rid of the yellow dots (sent points). To get rid of the track lines, same deal on the Tracking screen. The option there is Clear.

WARNING: this also clears the logged points on the Mini itself.

• BTW, the "real" data is always in the Library. The other collections "point to" entries in the Library. This is why you can have the same item (route, waypoint, whatever) in several different collections.

• Finally, got what I expected.  I took min iR mini along on my ride today, having it "send points" every 10 minutes, plus sending a couple of preset messages.  They were all there on my MapShare page when I got home.  Not 100% sure what I did differently than yesterday, although apparently having it in my jersey pocket where I'm slightly leaned over probably gets better satellite signal than in my shorts pocket while running.  Thanks for all the help twolpert.