Tracking versus logging

Apologies if this has appeared before, but I'm stumped.

I've recently got an Inreach Mini that I hope to use to log a multiple-day route I'm taking. 

I'm on the cheapest subscription so I do not want to track too as this is an additional cost and I'll bankrupt myself!

On both the ios Earthmate app and device I can toggle Tracking to "off" and logging to , for example, "ten minutes".

So, how do I start logging? If I toggle the "start tracking when unit turns on" will this turn on logging automatically even when tracking is set to off? Or do I need to start logging separately on the Earthmate app?

Thanks

• Thank you. Appreciate the response. Lots of moving parts to this ecosystem to figure out and jumping into a mini from a Fenix device I can start to see some of the silos a bit more clearly.  

• Thanks .  Sounds like I'm in the same boat as in that I really don't need the inReach to do any kind of detailed logging.  My watch will take care of that.  All I want is for family and friends to have a general idea of where I'm at in case of emergency.  I have my send interval set to 30 minutes and then supplement that with preset messages when I feel it's needed.

Given the noise that was coming when syncing my watch, I've disconnected it from the whole Earthmate/Explore ecosystem so it should just be my inReach mini that is connected.    There are definitely some weird things still going on where my points aren't showing up as expected in my MapShare despite pretty sure I now have all the settings properly set up.  I have a bit more playing to do.  I never bring up Explore anymore.

• Hello, the new explorer plus has two options a logging interval and a send interval. You can set the send to the "off" and logging to desired and it does not cost to create a track log for personal use. 

• The Explorer+ is a legacy device. It predates the Mini. Logging vs. sending features vary by device, as does the ability to control them.