inReach Mini unexpectedly shuts down while charging and in use

Hi all, I'm using my inReach mini on motorcycle trips - days often 10 to 12 hours of active duration.  When active and charging (USB battery bank or USB power port) during the day the device switches off unexpectedly.  I've searched but cannot find any other mention of this - has anyone experienced or any suggestions?

• Who's idea was this auto-power-off "feature". What good could possibly come of it? 

• An update (I guess I'm logged in from another account): Garmin support was very helpful this morning explaining that I needed another update application, Garmin Express, to update to 2.70. What a relief that they've fixed this. www.garmin.com/.../express

• Ah, and once you've updated, go to Setup -> Auto Power Off on the device. 

• Good to hear this issue is resolved. Has anyone tried and confirmed?  (My device is with a friend so I will talk him through update process and menu).

I'm guessing you set the Auto Power Off to "Off" which means device will remain on constantly even if USB power is disconnected/interrupted, until battery is drained.

I appreciate many of the comments above.  The problem on the motorbike was if plugged into the USB power port on bike then the power supply was controlled by the ignition switch, which obviously gets turned on and off many times during day.

Yes, charging overnight is ideal but we are often travelling in parts of world with no reliable electricity supply - so charging while on bike is often a necessity, and the device with its open usb cover is inside transparent plastic pouch for weather protection.

Thanks to all for help and posting of updates - most useful.