How long should it take for a recorded track to get to the online InReach map page after syncing via bluetooth?

When I use my mini to record a track (logging but not sending), and then stop tracking, and then sync via bluetooth to my phone (Earthmate), the track shows in the Tracking page of the Earthmate app (Android).

But it doesn't seem to reliably appear as a track on web, or in the Map page of the Eartmate app.

What's normal here or am I missing a step to get these tracks visible so I can manage them online?

• Can't speak to the map page in the Android app since I use the iOS app. It's been a while since I've used the Mini, but I don't recall this kind of issue in the iOS version.

With regard to the web site, you need to be sure that the app is logged into the proper account when you sync to the web. I know there are issues with the iOS version of the app remembering your credentials. It's possible that syncing while not logged in would "lose" the track entirely since the app thinks it already sync-d it. Offhand, I don't recall if that was the case with the iOS app or not. At least on iOS, the best way to avoid this problem is to be sure you are properly logged in before you start the tracking session. And don't close the app entirely until you are done.

The only other thing I've noticed probably does not apply in your case because you said you stopped tracking before the sync. If you are watching the track page in the app while tracking is in progress, you might notice that the most recent portion of the track does not show on the map. This is apparently because the track data is sent to the app in blocks. A new block is not sent until it is "full", or until you stop tracking.

• Well it seems to be an issue with syncing with my mobile device. When I do a USB sync it seemed to pop in that track on the web map immediately. 

Does bluetooth sync sometimes not work?

• OTA sync is a two-step process. iR device to phone via BT. Then phone to web site via cell network or WiFi (whichever is carrying your data connection at the time).

If you see the track on the tracking page in the Earthmate app, then the BT part worked fine. So any issue is in second part, where the app syncs to the web site. This is the part that's subject to being correctly logged in (that is, the app is logged in with the correct email/password for your explore.garmin.com account).

If you stopped tracking, are correctly logged in, and have a data connection (meaning, for example, that you can browse the Internet), I don't know of anything that would prevent the sync from finishing. 

Edited to add: The iOS version of the app has a Sync "button" on the Account & Sync screen. This forces an immediate sync with the web site. The next time you record a track, you might try doing a manual sync after stopping the track - just in case the app does not do it automatically when you stop tracking.

If this continues to happen in spite of the manual sync, a call to tech support would be in order.