inReach Mini not sending text messages

I am getting my new inReach Mini set up for a trip next week. I tried two test messages last week and they both worked.

However I sent out 9 text messages yesterday and so far only 2 of them have actually been received by the recipients.

On Earthmate all of the messages show the "sent" symbol. the circle with the cross hatch marks. When I push on that symbol I get the supporting detail, such as time sent, location, etc.

Any suggestions on ways to figure this out?

thanks
  • The suggestions in this post also apply to the Mini. The last reported SMS outage was August 25. If neither of those suggestions pans out, I'd call tech support.
  • Thanks. I read and replied to that post. Here is that reply, to keep this post whole:

I am having the same issue with my inReach mini. The issue started yesterday. I sent messages to 6 different phone numbers and the messages were only delivered to 2 numbers.

All the messages show up as sent in my Inbox tab on My Account. I used the US country code on all numbers.

Of the 4 numbers that did not receive the text, 3 were AT&T and 1 was Verizon. And one of the AT&T numbers had received a text from the inReach mini last week.

I did notice that the last reported outage was August 25. However that status page did not explain how to report an outage. I tried calling tech support but they are not available on weekends.

I am glad this is basically testing and not an emergency. And I guess I'll try to only have emergencies during tech support hours.
  • I just activated mine today and am having the same problem. The unit appears to send email to email accounts but does not text sms to any phone I have tried.
  • And I guess I'll try to only have emergencies during tech support hours

:(
  • I am a missionary pilot in Mexico flying in some very remote places and I have been having the same problem. My messages are marked as sent but my wife gets them hours after I sent them if at all.