Import course from Garmin connect error

Every time I try to import a course from Garmin connect I get message "an error has occurred".  No problems with the import for GPX files.  Any suggestions ?

• Probably going to have to call tech support on this one. Web site is always a work in progress. The typical import issue is too many points. The import is supposed to "thin" the input to produce something usable with fewer points. Works (last time I tried it) with .gpx. Haven't tried a course this way in a long time.

If you have a short course (fewer than 200 points), you might try that as an experiment.

• This is an issue we are aware of and are working to resolve. I have sent you a PM to confirm details and will add you to the Support Ticket we have open so you'll be notified when it's resolved. 

• I'm seeing the same issue. Has this been resolved? I'm unable to import 3 courses I have in Garmin Connect to my InReach Mini

• Is this still an known issue? I'm seeing the error as well.

• The Garmin manuals are pretty good as a standalone reference, but they don't ever really stitch all the steps together. You can do still transfer a course using the Garmin Connect and Explore websites. 

Starting conditions are that you have accounts on Garmin Connect and Explore websites, Earthmate is installed on your phone, and you have paired your phone and the Inreach. Also, that you have already defined the course in Garmin Connect.

*Go to Garmin Connect website
    Training>Courses
    Find the course of interest and click into it
    Under the ... menu pick Download GPX

*Go to Explore website
    Map tab
    Import as GPX,KML,KMZ
    Import as Routes
    Just Add imported items to my library
    Drag the file into the hotspot, or click on the hotspot and browse to the downloaded file (if you are on Chrome you can just drag the file from the download tray at the bottom of the Chrome window) and click Import
    Import Routes button
    In the Library and Routes (2 pushpins tab) look that your COURSE_xxx from GC is there

*Open Earthmate app on your phone
    Look in the Routes tab for your Course_xxx.gpx (if it's not, in the upper right choose the ... menu and sync)

*Go to the Mini, from the display with the time of day on it click Ok, then down arrows to Navigate click ok, then down arrows to Routes click ok, and your courses should be here.