Change track color?? inreach86sci

I cant see a way to change the displayed track color on my mapshare. The tracks and then Routs are both blue. How do I change the color of the tracks to another color. I can see that I can rename the track but I want to change the color. When I click the track line it becomes outlines in a magenta but that is no what I want. This tracks should be set up to show a different color. As it is, the display is a confused mismash of tracks and routes all looking the same.

• I agree this should be, or at least different line types. Each user can choose their own color is how this is setup, so it makes sense when someone is tracking multiple people, but not for the more common usecase of a single person who wants to show an expected route and their current track. Oh I can see my color by I don't see how to change it; from Explore website go to Account and under Map Display Name is a color.

• The magenta outline just shows which track is selected.

I believe you can change the color of the track line in the Explore app. However, I don't think that the color change is sync-d to the web site. So it's only effective in the Explore app.

You can also set the color of either the saved activity or the iR track on the device itself. I don't know if that's coordinated with the Explore app or not. Again, pretty sure it does not survive all the way to the web site.

• The Explore App.. You are meaning the Phone App right?

• Yes, as opposed to the Explore web site.

• I would just like to reiterate the original request to have some way to set/change the color of a specific track on the website map after the track has been created. When we hiked 3 slightly different trails around a cabin we stayed at, all the tracks are a mess to look at on the map when we try to plan another hike or pick one to save as a route.

• Totally agree with you, Will be a great update to find a way to easily change the track Color!!,, It’s kind of misunderstanding when you take a general look at MapShare….Hope Garmin will improve on this like they usually do !!!

• Are there any updates on this topic? Or is the situation unchanged since the original question 2 years ago?

Looking at the Support Pages it looks like Garmin is aware of the problem and has been contacted more often about this issue. Is Garmin active / involved on the forum at all? I'm very new to using Garmin products, just bought an inReach Mini 2. I must say I'm quite surprised how buggy all software and UX is. Even this website is full of errors. Unbelievable for products in this price range (€400 + €40 / month).

• Well, the basics of the website go to the Delorme Company who started this.

There is a need for backwards compatibility.

Now if we have the possibility of changing colors free, then imagine how it will end up when you have some 50 devices being tracked. When everyone would like to select red color to be his favorite?

This will not be useful, particularly in this example, when red color is reserved for devices transmitting emergency.

So devices get their color on the webesite and that is it.

• I would imagine a website/system in 2022 could be smart enough to automatically assign colors based on the number of devices actually being displayed, while also taking into consideration a differentiation between courses and tracks. Especially when making smart use of filter settings etc. This shouldn't be rocket science...

• yes this could be done, but the website has to accommodate all devices still served.

Colors are assigned so that there is no confusion. Differentiating between various versions of lines was done with shape of the symbols originally rather then colors, so this is maintained so far. Things like courses do exist only in recent time, the explore website just handle them, thats all