SMS fix not working

Dear lords of garmin:
My name is martin, i live in argentina and a few days ago i bought an inreach mini unit. i'm pretty happy with this tracker.
sms on email works perfect
however ,
i must tell you that the sms (not about regular email-sms, in argentina) do not work absolutely.
it is not possible to send or receive sms to any argentinas provider.
i have no doubts that it is a problem of them because we are a third world country.
but also i comment that i have another brand of tracker (bivystick) and this equipment if sending and receiving sms in argentina.
send from a number x and it is responded to that number x (no matter the number with which, the provider sends it.
it's a little rare but it works.
i have seen in the forum of inrech mini, that happens to several people of my country and of chile also.
i have talked with them and it tells me that years ago they have been claiming garmin a solution and still no answer?
i wanted to ask you if it will be possible to solve this, since i pay exactly the same thing if i were in the united states and i have a worse service?
I wait for your response and greet you with estimate
Martin

• About all you can do is to contact tech support. You've already done that.

If there are other inReach users who have this problem, they should also contact tech support to report the problem. The more people who report a specific problem, the more likely Garmin is to address the issue.

That said, it may be that this is outside of Garmin's control. As previously discussed, Garmin depends on third-party SMS gateways to relay the SMS messages to the cell network. Once on the network, the recipient's cell provider also comes into play. While Garmin can control the gateway it uses, it cannot control things like anti-spam measures in the recipient's network. Tech support can try to narrow down the problem. And if it's an issue with the gateway, Garmin can take action. But there are some things Garmin cannot control.

Still, the more people who report it, the better the chances of a fix sooner rather than later.

• Yes indeed i reported today .

Lets have faith and wait.

Thanks again