Can I show multiple devices on a single map?

i have used a few third party sites to receive and post current locations from multiple devices, however would like to review new/different options. we run trail races with up to 150 inreach devices and wish to track current location only with racers number as a flag. any ideas? 

• If you are willing to roll your own, you may be able to do something with the KML feeds available for each individual device. On the Social tab of any account at explore.garmin.com, look in the upper left quadrant. Just below the MapShare control buttons, you'll see your MapShare URL, followed by the word "Feeds" and "(?)". Feeds is a link which pops up a window with links to the feeds for this account. At the bottom of the popup, there is a link to the (really old) DeLorme documentation on the feeds. The (?) link opens the documentation directly.

I don't know for sure. It may be necessary to have MapShare enabled to see the Feeds and (?) links. 

• I've done this using Google Earth (the older downloaded version, not the web-based version) and the KML feeds.   I've only done a handful of devices, however, not 150 at once.

-- Pete

P.S.  The KML feeds provide both the most-recent location and the track in the KML feeds.  In the last few months the track has been empty.  I've see a few hints online that the tracks may now require some sort of paid subscription, such as a professional organization might have, but haven't found a definitive answer.  When I get a moment I'll ask Garmin support.

• I spoke with Garmin technical support.  The agent also does not see tracks being returned in KML feeds, and indicated that they should be.  A ticket is open on this issue. My understanding is that this was first reported roughly a month ago. I did not received any estimate on when it might be corrected.

The original-poster only wanted to see current position.  That appears to be working correctly.

-- Pete

• thanks guys... so the big question is: can i somehow roll 150 kml feeds (with last position only) onto one map? 

• You're welcome.

Do you own/control all these InReach devices or are they owned/controlled by the individual racers?  If they're yours then the InReach Professional Plans moght do what you need.

-- Pete

• all individual owners, some rental units.

• Spotwalla.

We use it to track enduro riders.  Maybe 30+ on a single Map.  Utilizing each Garmin kml feed.  Works great.

• That's great to know.  Are you loading the feeds into Google Earth or some other application?  If it's Google Earth, are you seeing tracks or just current position?