This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

InReach messages not being received

Has anyone run across issues with not receiving email messages from the InReach Explorer to gmail or yahoo.com email addresses? For some reason, I am not receiving the messages when they are sent from the InReach Explorer but others are. The new contacts were added and synced but still not working. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • If you have not already done so, check your spam folder.

If you are sending to a contact stored on the device, try sending to the same email address by typing it in. This avoids the use of the contact information on the device. You say these are new contacts, and that they have been sync-d. I don't know if it's still a problem, but there have been reports of messed-up contact sync. If the manually addressed message works and the contact does not, that's almost certainly the problem. If another sync does not fix it, call tech support.

If the manually addressed message doesn't work, you should also check the Inbox tab on your account at inreach.garmin.com. This will tell you if the message made it to the Garmin servers. If not, then the issue is somewhere between your device, the Iridium network, and the Garmin servers. You should definitely call tech support in this case.

If it made it to the inbox and the email address is correct, then either it didn't get sent, it went to your spam folder, it got completely filtered out by your email provider as blatant spam, or it was delayed in transit. I have seen some cases of delays, but never more than a few hours. (This usually occurs because your email provider is having problems and the Garmin servers are forced to resend later.) I have never seen one completely filtered out of either Yahoo mail or gmail. Not to say it can't happen, but I haven't seen it.
  • I've been sending messages without a problem for a long time, but they stopped working yesterday.  The tracking points go through to the Garmin servers and show up on my MapShare page, but the messages don't, nor do the messages show up in my Garmin Inbox.  It caused a huge issue for me because I assumed the messages went through.  Garmin needs to resolve this ASAP.

• We aren't currently experiencing any system-wide delays or outages for inReach messages. You can check the status of inReach and subscribe to get system updates at https://status.inreach.garmin.com/

Please contact Product Support if you need assistance with messages not being received. I'm going to close this old thread; please post a new thread if you need further assistance from other forum members.