Mapshare webside is down

Got problems accessing my Mapshare for one month now. https://eur-share.inreach.garmin.com/vagabonddesmersduglobe
Idem for the account options, facturation etc..
Idem for one friend of mine's account https://eur-share.inreach.garmin.com/aukenasailing
They are actually crossing the Atlantic Ocean on their sailboat and we can't communicate with them, kinda problematic.

I, guys, wanna remember you're selling a "security" device.. i don't doubt that it might work on their side, but the service we pay for is just actually not working.
I hope you can explain me what's wrong.

thx.

Here is the error i got:
[h=1]Server Error in '/' Application.[/h]
[h=2]Runtime Error[/h] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated. [/FONT]
  • I Just tried both of the links. Neither works as expected, but neither shows the error you report above.

Yours results in some odd redirect which lands me on my own inreach.garmin.com account page. Not sure if this is because I'm in the US, or if there is some other issue.

You friend's results in a map display which might (or might not) be properly scaled for the span of the track. But no track points are visible. Same is true of the other two tracks in the "legacy library". The current track has been running for a long time. That might be the source of the issue, or it might have gotten caught in the gears with the change-over to "collections". Messages and locate requests are apparently enabled on the MapShare page. Have you tried that?

Call tech support. I am not sure they will talk to you about your friend's MapShare page. But it's worth a shot. And they will talk to you about yours.

Just a reminder: This is a peer to peer forum. Garmin employees do sometimes read it, and even post occasionally. But when you need tech support, this isn't the most effective channel.
  • Hover over the link to your map. The link showing in your post is not to your site (despite the text) - when you check the actual hyperlink address, is only to the European home page https://eur.inreach.garmin.com/ which then asks for a login. (In my case, and for twolpert?), if logged into our own garmin accounts (even just the forum), the autolog kicks in and it opens up my own inreach account. If I cut and paste it all (with the account name) I seem to go properly to your map page although I cannot tell if it is uptodate. Last track showing was 21 Feb.

Not actually sure what the issue with your friend you are describing. Is it that you cannot send them a text? I can see their track (last update a few minutes ago) just fine. They started 23 Oct and have gone 3257.92 nm so far.

Edit: With your friends track - the track display did seem to get lost at one point (although my current computer is behind a bunch of security things that really slows down performance). I closed the browser and then went back and can see it again. Track is slow to adjust but likely because of the large number of points in each track? Set the map filter to the last 24 hrs or 7 days and it is far more responsive. Also turn off the collection view as that includes a couple of other really long sails.
  • Track now shows on your friend's MapShare page. This is not the result I got when I tested it previously. Appears to be working now.
  • Thx you guys for your help! I just realize I'm using Google Chrome so i just try using Firefox and it appears to be working for both links.
    Although it's still not working with Chrome..

I'll try contact the Garmin tech support, maybe you know witch platform to use?
  • problem solved:

i just deleted all the cookies related to "garmin" from chrome and now is just work fine!
  • The problem with single sign-on, cookies, and cached data is epidemic in Garmin-land. It really doesn't matter which browser you use. If you access enough different Garmin sites, particularly with different sets of Garmin credentials, something will go sideways eventually. In Chrome, I find that clearing cookies, cached data, and application data (although Garmin does not use the latter AFAIK) for the last 24 hours is usually sufficient. But YMMV.

When you get odd results, it IS a good idea to try a browser you haven't used with Garmin in a while. If that works right, then cookies and cached data is almost certainly the problem.