Password not recognised in Sync

Well that didn't take long. Garmin takes over and bang there goes all the software.

I can log into the explore site with my password and even download the new sync update. BUT when i open the sync app it says that my password is incorrect. Then locked me out.

Typical Garmin.
  • I've had that happen before Garmin took over. I just retyped my password and it was okay.
  • Im in this situation now and ive changed my password and tried everything. Every time I need to sync the device some stupid error happens. No weekend support either. 

Edited - language.

• I have not used the desktop sync program in a while. I have no active devices that use it. I have never seen it lock me out for incorrect password use. That would likely affect direct web site access as well - and it sounds like that still works for you. 

There are a few things you can try. Later versions of sync attempt to identify the device and check for updates before requiring you to log in. This supports f/w updates for devices that have not been activated. First thing to try is plugging the device in before you open sync. Open sync and wait while it checks for updates. Do not attempt to log in until it finishes. At that point, try logging in.

if the above fails, hangs or otherwise has problems, kill the sync program, unplug the device, restart sync. Check to see if it thinks you are already logged in. If so, log out. Even if not logged in, if you have the option to “log out”, do so. 

Then start over from the beginning.

If none of that works, try uninstalling and reinstalling the current version of sync. Uninstalling should cause it to forget everything it “knows” about you.

You identified the device as a Mini in a cross-post. If you need to sync data such as waypoints or routes, try the Earthmate mobile app. If you need a f/w update, use Garmin Express, not the desktop sync program.

• Their Software is still [a problem] and their tech support is worse.

Moderated - language

• 9/5/19 And I can't sync iOS Earthmate app with my garmin account.  When tyring to sync it shows "Logon Error - Incorrect password try again."  I've reset and tried new password with no change.  Online web password works fine, just the Earthmate app.  Suggestions?

• It's the same password in both places. If you have more than one Garmin account, make sure you are using the correct account (the one you use to log into the explore.garmin.com site) and password in the Explore app.

And, of course, be aware that passwords are case-sensitive.

• Just got an incident notice about this. Apparently it's a site-wide issue that affects only some users. Check the status page for updates.

• Did you ever get this resolved ? I have the same Issue reset my password and even deleted the App multiple times ... reboot my Mac and it still won't Sync... keeps telling me the password is wrong ...

• If you've tried everything above in this thread, best bet is to open a call with tech support. The global issue from a couple of weeks back was addressed promptly.