Issues with my approach S40 staying paired to Apple IPhone.

I recently upgraded from the Approach X40 to the S40. I wanted the bigger screen for notifications from my phone. I have always turned my phone off at night when I charge it and then when I turned it on in the morning my watch paired right back up and I received notifications normally. With the new watch I am constantly having to go back to the app for the two items to connect and even then they are not consistently staying connected. The only way to fix it is to remove the device from the app and totally go back through the repair process. This is not something I want to do on an everyday basis. I have gone through and checked the suggested settings and everything looks correct. Any help would be appreciated. 

• I have the same/similar issue on my brand new S40. It works fine but after I wont rec notifications at all, even tho it will say "already paired" AND I am able to sync data with Garmin Connect App. The only way to "revive" the notification is to power off/on the watch to soft reset it.

To make it worse, since the watch says already paired and it is indeed able to sync data, I can NOT tell whether its TRULY connected, and the only way to find out is the lack of notification on the phone after a period of time, only to see a whole bunch on my phone ! I imagine already paired does not mean it is connected. Ability to sync data does NOT mean smart notification is working (i.e. not TOTALLY CONNECTED)

• You might try unpairing/pairing using these steps I posted in this thread: message notifications