Distance measure using CT10s

Firstly I’m new to the Garmin golf watch so please be patient with me. To automatically save distances using the CT10s does my watch have to be set to scoring mode?
Also once I’ve selected a club and then played the ball when I approach where the ball landed and take out another club does the watch automatic record the previous distance on do 8 need to press the watch?

hope I made myself clear 

thanks 

Chris 

Parents
  • The distance is measured from detected hit to detected hit.  Just pulling out another club isn't enough, which is a good thing, because  you often will have to walk to where the ball is.  That's one reason you really want a CT10 on your putter and wedges as the swing detection for those is much better with a CT10.  I'm not 100% sure if you need to be scoring for it to learn your club distances, but I suspect you do as you probably need a score card to upload to GC.

• The distance is measured from detected hit to detected hit.  Just pulling out another club isn't enough, which is a good thing, because  you often will have to walk to where the ball is.  That's one reason you really want a CT10 on your putter and wedges as the swing detection for those is much better with a CT10.  I'm not 100% sure if you need to be scoring for it to learn your club distances, but I suspect you do as you probably need a score card to upload to GC.

Children