Just says "No weather data is available" and press the screen it goes to "waiting for data" but doesn't update. Connected to an iPhone XS via Bluetooth with the Golf and Connect apps running in the background. Anyone have any ides?
Everyone, we found an issue with the weather widget but this issue has been resolved in Garmin Connect Mobile iOS 4.24.2 update which will be released slowly to all customers today.
There are a many reasons you may temporarily lose connection to your weather widget data showing on your watch. To name just a few: bugs within iOS 13, power saving properties of iOS to conserve your iPhone battery, to technology not always working perfectly all the time. The weather data does not come directly from the weather APP that comes on your iPhone, but through regional weather stations that broadcast through the internet, go through the Connect Mobile APP, and to your watch through Bluetooth.
The basics to be tried:
- Ensure you have given the Connect APP permission to access the internet using cellular data when not connected to Wi-Fi
- Open the Connect Mobile APP on your iPhone and syncing your watch. After syncing, leave the Connect APP open until you see the weather widget connection again on your Approach S40
- Turning your iPhone off then back on again
- Turning your Approach S40 off then back on again
- Hard reset your Approach S40 by holding the button until it shuts off. This will take up to 30 seconds. Once it powers off, let go of the button. Wait 3-5 seconds, then power it back on again