Units of Measure always defaulting to Meters

I have the S20 and I always have to set my units of measure to yards for each round.  In my connect and golf app I have units of measure in Metric because I live in Canada but I have my golf units of measure set to yardage.  Why won't it just default to yards so I don't have to change it each round.

Top Replies

All Replies

• If your Approach S20 is switching to meters vs.staying on yards when you sync your watch, please ensure the following:

-In your Garmin Golf APP, ensure you have your Settings set to Units of Measure > Statute.
    -In your Connect Mobile APP, ensure you have your User Settings set to > Golf Distance Units > Yards and User Settings > Units of Measure > set to Statute

• Fix doesn't work. Did as stated, synced with both Connect and Garmin golf.  Units still sets to meters.

• I researched the issue further and learned there is a compatibility issue between the Approach S20 and the newer versions of the Connect Mobile APP. For those that live in Metric based countries, the Connect APP is changing your Approach S20 away from Statute (Yards) to Metric when you sync.

Please be aware that if you also use the Connect Mobile APP on your smartphone, it will impact your Approach S20 measurement units settings. If you only use the Golf APP with your Approach S20, you will not encounter the issue.

I have requested that our Golf engineers look into making changes to correct the issue.

• Thanks for update on info. Will have to wait for fix and adjust 'til then.

FYI.  As always, powering up and down the S20 between syncs retains Yards.  When avoiding Connect App and syncing with Golf App only as you mentioned,  STILL reverts back to meters upon sync.