Scorecard Distance vs Distance on S20 at Teebox

I believe scorecards distance account for a dogleg on dogleg holes, does the S20 show the dogleg distance? If yes when does it start showing direct to green distance?

Top Replies

All Replies

• On a Par 4 or Par 5, you will be able to view your Layup and Dogleg Distance - here are instructions from the manual. When not going into the menu to view either of them, the distance seen on the watch reflects the green distance.

• Thank you for the replies: I may not have been clear in my question. Let's see if I can further define my question. I was not asking about distances to the dogleg or lay up while standing on the tee box. My question more specifically was to distinguish from a hole that has a dogleg to one that does not.

So standing on the tee box of a hole that has a dogleg it is my understanding that the distance posted on the scorecard or the sign at that hole is the distance to the centre of the green but including the dogleg distances (distance from tee to dogleg then dogleg to green, in other words and to put in geometrically with reference to a triangle it is NOT the hypotenuse but the sum of the two other sides. Is this correct? If we assume YES then is this also the distance that any Garmin golf GPS watch will show? Or does the watch always show the hypotenuse?

• I am sorry this response is so late to your clarification question. What you are saying is accurate about standing at the tee on a hole with a dogleg. The measurements your watch gives you will follow the standard playing path.