This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Editing Number of Putts

My S20 will not allow me to edit the number of putts taken on some holes, yet it will work correctly on some holes. Is there a software bug?

Top Replies

All Replies

• I have found that when my score for a particular hole matches the number of shots that the watch has detected, I do not get an option to adjust the number of putts or the penalties. Of course, it has happened to me that the watch erroneously detects a shot that did not happen (usually indicated by a shot with some unnamed club) but then fails to detect a lightly hit one-foot putt on the same hole. In this case, my score will match the number of shots detected and the S20 does not prompt me for any more information. I will not get the option to adjust the number of putts, even though the data will incorrectly show that it took me one extra stroke to reach the green but required one less putt to finish that hole. That will throw my golf statistics and should be corrected manually.

So I will always go back in the scorecard after the round using the connect.garmin.com site to check the shots, the score, and the number of putts. These can all be edited and fixed. I do not currently use the Garmin Golf mobile app due to a different bug that I've requested help with already. 

I hope this answers your question.

• Exactly HOW do you change the number of putts or score.  I can't see to do anything other than delete shots or add them. My three shots onto the green show up.  But then it says'4 Putts' but gives me a score of 5 when I actually had one putt and a birdie. 

•  

Here is the Support Center article for your Approach S20 and scoring - Keeping Score

• How do I select putts rather than just overall score?  It doesn't appear to allow me to have both options.  Total score and total number of putts?

• Putts are not auto detected - Automatic Shot Detection. They will be part of your total shots.

• Even with a sensor in the putter grip?  

• The CT10 sensors provide the putt information. Go down the page and the information is listed in the overview:

Approach CT10 Sensors

• So basically Garmin is saying: if you want to have basic functionality to edit or add a put, you have to buy our sensors for 200 dollars extra upon 200 dollars on your watch?

• If the watch has not recorded your putts, it asks you to manually put the score and putts in after the hole anyway. If it has recorded all the putts it automatically moves on to the next hole. The CT10s allow the putt to be detected so that you can skip this step, due to the overall sensitivity of putts so the CT10s are completely optional and are more for that convenience.

To address adding or editing a putt, this can be done in the app. When you open your scorecard, select the pencil icon to the right of your score to open the edit screen. From here you can edit your score, fairway hit info and putts.