Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User Settings changes do not save

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • User Settings changes do not save

    Tried updating my User Settings to fix the timezone and other options, but the changes never save. Using Chrome on Windows. Any tips to saving my settings?

  • #2
    I have the same problem

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm having the exact same problem. I have a forum administrator who would like to PM me about the issue, but I CANNOT enable PMs because it never stays saved.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by couldabin View Post
        I'm having the exact same problem. I have a forum administrator who would like to PM me about the issue, but I CANNOT enable PMs because it never stays saved.
        This is still not working. I emailed support and forum admin about it a couple of weeks ago. Got no response from either and still no fix.

        Comment


        • #5
          Have the same issue.
          Using Chrome on Windows in incognito mode (no extensions enabled).

          Comment


          • #6
            I also experienced it, I am a Firefox user. When I changed the contact address it didn't work, but when I managed to change my photo, I hoped it would be fixed soon.
            fouronstate.com

            Comment


            • #7
              ...here and here

              Comment


              • #8
                Thank you! VERY odd bug in the forum software but at least the work around fixes it.

                Originally posted by OnlyTwo View Post
                all...would you like to try something

                add first a user in the ignore list and save it before you change the private settings

                I cleared my ignore list and could remove all users but one

                afterwards I could change other Account User Settings

                so...add a user like "geloeschttryout_62" to the ignore list

                user names starting with "geloescht..." were(are) accounts deleted by German Forum Admins

                I am using PC Firefox

                Comment


                • #9
                  The workaround above is truly brilliant. However, it should be an easy fix for the forum admin. I've used the Contact Us link at the bottom to send a message to the forum admin, but I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't work, either, so I'm posting it here as well. If the issue bothers you enough, you could use a browser extension like Tampermonkey to run a script on the page that would do this automatically.

                  On the User Settings page, there's a hidden input with name "ignorelist". When usernames are entered into the form, it gets a "value" attribute containing a comma-separated list. But merely giving it any nontrivial value, e.g., value="x", allows the page to be submitted. So, either allowing this field to be empty or hard-coding a dummy value would fix the issue of users not being able to save changes. But since the ignore list itself doesn't seem to get saved and hence is apparently nonfunctional, it may as well be removed.
                  Vivoactive HR, Fenix 3 (drowned), Forerunner 645, HRM-Run

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Roedema View Post
                    I've used the Contact Us link at the bottom to send a message to the forum admin, but I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't work, either.
                    You may be correct or maybe the Forum admin is just not responsive. I used that link a couple of times when I could not get settings to stick, and also for another question. Never got any response.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by couldabin View Post
                      I'm having the exact same problem. I have a forum administrator who would like to PM me about the issue, but I CANNOT enable PMs because it never stays saved.
                      Same here.
                      Need to answer in chat, can't enable private messages. Tried Vivaldi, IE, Chrome
                      The workaround (add someone in ignored users) worked.
                      Unfortunatley afterwards the chat request where i wanted to answer is no longer visible :-/
                      Last edited by J-sch; 01-25-2019, 07:05 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Duplicate post
                        Last edited by Roedema; 02-02-2019, 10:08 AM.
                        Vivoactive HR, Fenix 3 (drowned), Forerunner 645, HRM-Run

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          tri.jands Garmin-Heath Do either of you administer the forum software or know who does? I think it would be a win for everyone if one of the forum bugs got fixed.

                          Originally posted by Roedema View Post
                          On the User Settings page, there's a hidden input with name "ignorelist". When usernames are entered into the form, it gets a "value" attribute containing a comma-separated list. But merely giving it any nontrivial value, e.g., value="x", allows the page to be submitted. So, either allowing this field to be empty or hard-coding a dummy value would fix the issue of users not being able to save changes. But since the ignore list itself doesn't seem to get saved and hence is apparently nonfunctional, it may as well be removed.
                          Vivoactive HR, Fenix 3 (drowned), Forerunner 645, HRM-Run

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X