Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constantly getting logged out...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting enough, Staying Alive stopped working for me yesterday after it had been working for a long time (months).
    My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
    Facebook - Instagram -
    Twitter

Comment

Jim,

You might recall that I had all sorts of issues getting Staying Alive to work initially but once I got it working, it's been relatively stable for me as it was for you. However, when it stops working and just resaving the existing settings don't get it running again, I recreate them and usually that's enough to keep me going for another month before I have to rinse and repeat. I also usually do both urls: https://forums.garmin.com/forum and https://forums.garmin.com.

At this moment only the second url (sans forum at the end) is functioning.for me. Other times, both urls work and other times only the first url works.

Comment

...and if the forums worked properly, there would be no need for a 'fix'.

Comment

Saying that, I'm now into day 4 and have not had an issue of being locked out just switching pages, or being unable to sign-in. Is it fixed? Only time will tell.

Comment

Spoke too soon. Got logged out changing pages again...and again...and again...and again

Comment

I have the same problem. I have to log in again every time I come back to check the forums even if I check the "remember me" checkbox every time. It usually keeps me logged in if I browse the forum and write couple of messages, but if I leave and come back couple hours later I have to login again. I assume the problem is just that "remember me" checkbox does nothing or something is wrong with the cookies that it should save on my computer. I use firefox as web browser.

Comment

The remember me check box doesn't work
                Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                  The remember me check box doesn't work
                  So, when it will be fixed?

Comment

No idea ... It's been broken from the start.
                    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

• Who is the imbecile that decided to reinstate the captchas?! It is hard enough to post a SINGLE message in the forum without finding you've been logged out but to also forciing users to fight the captcha authentication system is a whole new level of stupidity from the admins/mods.

GET RID OF THE CAPTCHAS UNTIL THE CURRENT FORUM POSTING ISSUE IS RESOLVED!

Attempt 8 and fought my way thru 12 captcha pictures and 49 picture clicks to post this message.
                      All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
                      For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
                      Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• I don't have the same issues of being logged out like you but I agree it can be frustrating. However with 3,251 posts, you must have lived through the spamming that went on in the forum. It's only when the captchas were implemented that the problem became controllable. I feel for you but I suspect your frustration will escalate dramatically if the captchas are removed.

Comment

• so 8 attempts, with each one requiring a log-in, 12 separate catptcha pics and 49 picture clicks for a single post is deemed acceptable?
                          All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
                          For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
                          Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• So how would it be if you had to navigate three times as many pages every time you checked new posts in the forum because 2 out of 3 threads would be spam. That being said, it seems to me that the number of spam threads was very low with just the checkmark. The photos don't seem to add any value although I don't see what the mods do.

Comment

• Very little spam gets through these days, in the good old days I was often deleting 50 or more a day, now it's just a few and many of them are trapped 'waiting for approval'.

Comment

• Sussamb,

I see the value of the checkmarks but are the photos really necessary?

Comment

Working...
                                X