Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constantly getting logged out...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some certainly have problems, many don't ... hopefully for those that do there are solutions like the one suggested.
    Last edited by SUSSAMB; 01-12-2019, 02:11 AM.
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

OFF topic

since among the posters of this thread there are more users having 10 orange/red rectangles below their usernames like Jim58, Philips. or Kiwi. , maybe you know what this sort of rating means. Really just out of curiosity. I am quite sure it has nothing to do with the numbers of the posts of the users.

Comment

It's an indication of the number of 'likes' you've had.
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Originally posted by philipshambrook View Post
          And you have this because...there's a problem with this forum!
          If memory serves, the problems started in 2017 when the forum was upgraded. Initially, everyone was getting logged out continuously and it was near impossible to post anything. This issue was fixed very quickly (although it appears to have returned for some recently) but the save username and password stopped working for pretty much everyone. After a short time (~ 1/2 hour) people would have to log back in every time they visited the forum.

The Staying Alive extension is a 95% solution to that specific issue.

Comment

I think this might be tied to IPv6.

Comment

This forum is terrible. I'm a member of many forums and access them all with various devices. No problems with any of them.

This is nothing to do with the user and only with the infrastructure and perhaps the application used to deliver the forum. Although vbulletin is used widely and by many forums I also use.

This issue coupled with the constant review of content, likely because of some silly Garmin security & risk department stating everything must be reviewed, makes using and contributing to this community untenable.

Just fix it. A decent contractor could solve this problem in a few days more than likely.. Or at least give you the solution for your implementation team to plan in the changes.

3 attempts to post.

Comment

After a short time (~ 1/2 hour) people would have to log back in every time they visited the forum.
                I am getting logged out within seconds!. I am also having to make multiple attempts to log in. As I've said, this is device independent, browser independent and OS independent.

Maybe there's a setting blocking just me :-)

Comment

I say it again, it is NOT an issue with timeouts!
                  I get constantly logged out within second. I log in, click on a link to another thread within 10s or so and, boom, am logged out. Happens randomly.
                  I also tried "keep alive", but it does not help at all, because it is NOT a timeout issue.
                  Facebook: MakkasCIQ
                  Watchfaces: UltraSlim, X-Face, Big Piet
                  Datafields: HRZMon+, TRIMP-Meter

Comment

The forum software is broken. I had to log in 3 times just to post this. Please fix.

Comment

Try contacting Product Support directly, there are only a few users with this problem so the software isn't broken, but some users systems are causing an issue and it really isn't possible to troubleshoot individual issues here.

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                        Try contacting Product Support directly, there are only a few users with this problem so the software isn't broken, but some users systems are causing an issue and it really isn't possible to troubleshoot individual issues here.
                        Whose product support are you suggesting? Garmin? vBulletin?

Comment

there are only a few users with this problem
                          And you base this observation on what? The fact that there are few people complaining? Even the Garmin beta development teams are aware of these problems. And if they are having problems, what hope is there for us mere mortals?

some users systems are causing an issue
                          As I, and others who have managed to post here, often after several attempts have said, it is not any specific system. I struggle on W10 computers, MacOS computers, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, iOS and Safari on iPad and iPhone X. Are you seriously telling me that all those systems are causing me problems?
                          Sometime back (6 November 2019) Garmin-Heath contacted me to tell me that he was troubleshooting with others (and including me). But nothing seems to have come of that.

Garmin-Heath BTW, I've just PMd you again
                          Last edited by philipshambrook; 01-21-2019, 01:59 AM.

Comment

I used the word system to include everything being used by some users, starting from their equipment all the way through to Garmin including their account. Contacting Garmin directly is the best way of resolving this issue, since it's clearly not something that can be diagnosed via this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                              Nonsense and you know it. This forum never worked properly since it was updated some time ago. It keeps logging everyone out.
                              Last edited by CloggyAbroad; 01-23-2019, 03:07 PM.

My Connect IQ Apps: Foot Pod Pace, Battery Up Down and a few more

Comment

CloggyAbroad Must only be you and me with problems :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X