Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constantly getting logged out...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log in rarely lasts more than a minute and posting is a nightmare. Chrome mobile.

Comment

I am finding it increasingly hard to understand why, after nearly 6 months, there is no fix!
      Last edited by SUSSAMB; 01-07-2019, 01:09 AM. Reason: Language

Comment

I suspect because it's not universal, I remain logged in for a considerable time these days as do many others.
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

And I suspect there are likely many more who don't. And quite possibly can't report the fact either. Over Christmas (maybe because Garmin was closed) I managed to have several occasions where I did not get logged out. Sadly, that is the exception rather than the rule.

It's not browser specific. It's not computer specific. There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason for it. It's just extremely annoying.
          Last edited by SUSSAMB; 01-07-2019, 01:52 PM. Reason: Language

Comment

I'm sure it is but I can't honestly see Garmin being able to release a fix since it appears user dependant in some way, that's why earlier they asked for information from those having the issue. You could try calling Garmin again ...
            Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
            (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I did. I have. I am.

But still no fix. Although saying that, I appear to be having one of the better days. Thus far no issues. ????????

Comment

Fingers crossed then

Comment

Has ANYONE ever figured out a solution to this? I've read through a LOT of threads, like this one, to no avail.
                  I get logged out in 30-1:30 or so, EVERY time, so posting is a !#%#@! nightmare.

Having switched to my Vivoactive 3, going on 5 months now, I've only made a handful of posts, whereas I'm typically pretty active on device forums (most of my s/w engineering career has revolved around all sorts of devices, tons of test development and such).

This problem is insanely limiting though, and I'm amazed that no one from Garmin seems to want to debug it (it's a ton easier to debug server-side stuff, when you can actually see the server side of things, no two ways about it).
                  This will probably limit me, to very few posts, unless it gets fixed sometime soon (or I happen to revisit, at some point in the future, probably because I have an issue again).
                  I mostly use Chrome on Win10 (for forum stuff) these days, but have tried Edge too, same deal.

Seems like a weird "model" for Garmin, if you ask me.
                  I get that it's probably because of one of my extensions (I run a lot, as a dev, so I can view JSON, XML, and more, easily and readily), and maybe I could trace in enough to figure it out, but why, it's not MY forum, really.

Anyway, mostly just adding my $0.02 to the pile here, and hoping I'll see a response, some day, somehow, from Garmin, or someone else that really dug in, and figured out a work-around.

Edit: took me 5 tries, to get this post up, yeah...

Comment

SUSSAMB Garmin are the ONLY ones (or should be) who access to the server-side of the forums, the servers that essentially control/manage the whole pile.
                    They marshall all the security requests, who gets logged-out (and why), when that happens, and such (for this case).
                    Even if it's mostly DB based (which is highly likely, most forums are), there's logging for it all, same deal, typically an easy-ish debug.

As such, since there are MANY of us seeing the problem, they could request autonomous use of our account(s), for a repro. This should allow them to see what's going on, server-side, and either make some recommendations (i.e. a certain class of extension, a browser version(s), etc) to work around this, or simply (this is the more likely scenario, coming from someone who's worked in dev for a lot of years) figure out a fix, or a work-around, server-side (so all the affected users can go back to "normal", with a single-source change).
                    Last edited by pgrey; 01-08-2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Yesterday I tried to create a post. Had to repeat it four times with copy and paste text, because everytime I try to post I get the "not allowed to post" message. I remember this forum once worked better. Nowadays its just a pain.
                      Facebook: MakkasCIQ
                      Watchfaces: UltraSlim, X-Face, Big Piet
                      Datafields: HRZMon+, TRIMP-Meter

Comment

pgrey.

I also use Chrome and rarely get logged out. I posted it previously but my solution is the Staying Alive Chrome extension.that another forum member recommended which pings the forum in a time interval I define.

You can get it from the extensions menu item in Chrome.

Comment

I too use "Staying Alive" with Chrome on windows, and can stay logged in for days.
                          My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
                          Facebook - Instagram -
                          Twitter

Comment

I actually got through most of yesterday without any issues. It was only at the end of the day that I got kicked off - Safari on Mac OS Mojave.

Comment

...and it's back to where it has been for months now. After three days of relative ease, apart from problems in the evening, I've had 3,4,5,6,7 and now 8 attempts just to post this!

Comment

I too use "Staying Alive" with Chrome on windows, and can stay logged in for days.
                                And you have this because...there's a problem with this forum!

Comment

Working...
                                X