X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please can we have a fix for this?
    Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 09.20.06.png

Comment

@Garmin-Heath

Short of re-installing the OS and all my programs on my computer, I have done all I can do to find an issue that is causing these constant log-out issues. There is enough of us on completely separate computers that are having the same issue.

One question I have is was the PHP upgraded when the forum was upgraded and what, if any patches or upgrades, have been installed for this version of Vbulletin?
      All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
      For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
      Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

Man, this issue is really bugging me!
        - often need a couple of tries to get logged in
        - when logged in I get randomly logged out when switching pages (has nothing to do with inactivity!)
        - when trying to post while I am logged in, I get error message, because I actually got logged out!

I have to log in every some seconds.
        Posting is a pain, because of getting logged out when posting.

This is posting attempt 2.
        Facebook: MakkasCIQ
        Watchfaces: UltraSlim, X-Face, Big Piet
        Datafields: HRZMon+, TRIMP-Meter

Comment

I experience exactly the same symptoms.

Now an interesing observation:

I have tried 2 computers:
          Computer number 1 runs Fedora 29.
          Computer number 2 runs Ubuntu 14.04.
          I connect both computers to my home network - at the same time, athough the result is the same when connected separately. Computer 1 gets logged out almost instantly, no matter what browser I use. Computer 2 stays logged in no matter what browser I use.

So my conclusion is:
          The issue is not network-related, not location-related and not browser-related. It must be some obscure network configuration on one of those computers that makes this happen.

And let me remind another observation. This started happening only a couple of weeks ago. Until then, both computers worked ok with the forum.
          Current: nuvi 255, eTrex 30, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 735XT, HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim, SDM4, Virb Elite, tempe
          Retired: eTrex Legend, Swim

Comment

I'm not going to say it out loud, but I've managed to stay logged in long enough to read 4 subforums and post twice!

Comment

Yes.... Same for me! Mobile (vs PC) is even solid now.

Comment

read 4 subforums and post twice
                But it didn't last long! I got excited as I stayed logged in for most of a day. Then it was back to the what it's been like for too many weeks now.

COME ON GUYS N GALS! TIME TO GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER AND FIX THE BOARD!! or is it a plot to stop people posting?

Comment

Same for me.. from a few seconds until a few minutes.. and then out
                  Last edited by SUSSAMB; 12-16-2018, 01:52 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours as it's unnecessary and just clutters up the thread.
                  Forerunner 630
                  fenix 3
                  Forerunner 935

Comment

I am on a chromebook. About three days ago after logging in I can't add a reply to to post, nor can I edit a post. I click the recapture, it goes to green/good. I do my reply and hit save. Then a "working" popup starts spinning and after a bit recaputure times out, and no matter what else I've tried and can't get a reply or edit to post......I am curious if this reply is going to post?
                    Last edited by chris_in_cal; 12-16-2018, 06:15 PM. Reason: It did, and now I am editing it.
                    Runner

Comment

I am adding my name to the list of people having the log in problems. Log in, start posting either a response to a thread or start one. Click I'm not a robot says I'm not authorized to post yet says I am logged in. I have to choose to log out (even though the forum says I am logged in) and then relog in. Sometimes that works, sometimes it loads like its reading my login creds but doesn't log me in. Sometimes when I DO log in it remembers what I was posting while I was "logged out." It doesn't matter how long I am "logged in," If I post something It will tell me I'm not logged in the first time I try. Even now, after writing all this, I know it's going to tell me I am not logged in.

As a side note, ever since the forums upgrade a while ago, I have always had to log in each time I visit here. Before that upgrade; I was ostensibly logged in all the time.
                      Forerunner 235 (x3)- Broke & Returned
                      Fenix 3 HR - Sold
                      Vivosmart HR - Charging Alternative
                      Fenix 5X- Broke & Returned
                      Fenix 5- Broke & Returned
                      Forerunner 935 - Current

Comment

Same issue. Super annoying. The little "Remember Me" checkbox during login does nothing.

Comment

Garmin-Heath - is there any update to the issue that so many of us, on differently configured computers, are experiencing?
                          All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
                          For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
                          Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

Originally posted by jstpassaro View Post
                            I am adding my name to the list of people having the log in problems. Log in, start posting either a response to a thread or start one. Click I'm not a robot says I'm not authorized to post yet says I am logged in. I have to choose to log out (even though the forum says I am logged in) and then relog in. Sometimes that works, sometimes it loads like its reading my login creds but doesn't log me in. Sometimes when I DO log in it remembers what I was posting while I was "logged out." It doesn't matter how long I am "logged in," If I post something It will tell me I'm not logged in the first time I try. Even now, after writing all this, I know it's going to tell me I am not logged in.
                            As a side note, ever since the forums upgrade a while ago, I have always had to log in each time I visit here. Before that upgrade; I was ostensibly logged in all the time.
                            yep that's what i'm seeing here as well (this might post, it might not)

Comment

I had the same problem on chrome with ublock origin. Switched to a clean firefox without adblocking or any addons and it's working fine now!

Comment

Fine on my PC at work, but happens on my pc at home both are running waterfox with adblock turned on

Comment

Working...
                                X