No announcement yet.

Constantly getting logged out...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constantly getting logged out...

Any one else being constantly logged out...as in log in, scroll to the bottom of a page only to find you have been logged out?
    All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
    For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
    Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Nope ...
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I visit the forum from two different computers. Both are running linux and chrome (latest, I believe). At my corporate network the forum logs me out after about 30 minutes of inactivity. At my home computer I get logged out almost immediately after logging in. This started happening 2-3 days ago.
      Current: nuvi 255, eTrex 30, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 735XT, HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim, SDM4, Virb Elite, tempe
      Retired: eTrex Legend, Swim

Comment

I'm at home using a tablet, phone and desktop. All keep me logged in unless there is no activity for a while.
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

tmk2 you're not using a Password Managed like Lastpass are you?

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
          For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
          Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

No.
            Current: nuvi 255, eTrex 30, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 735XT, HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim, SDM4, Virb Elite, tempe

Comment

Attempt 7 to reply to this - I'm with you tmk2 - only started happening a couple of days ago.

SUSSAMB - glad this isn't happening to you but if you know of anyone who could assist by looking into the issue, it would be appreciated.

Comment

Will see what I can do

Comment

Same problem here on Mac OS X with Chrome and Firefox:
                  Sometimes need a couple of tries to get logged in.
                  When logged in and change to other thread, I m logged out.
                  When I just logged in and want to post, I get error message because I am actually logged out.
                  Just started some days ago.
                  Facebook: MakkasCIQ
                  Watchfaces: UltraSlim, X-Face, Big Piet
                  Datafields: HRZMon+, TRIMP-Meter

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Mac and Safari. If it's only happening on Macs it could be that the software is restricting sessions to the original IP and the Mac clients are alternating between IPv4 and IPv6 requests.

Comment

Windows 10 here and happens with Waterfox, Chrome or IE

Comment

For me it started working again properly since yesterday evening. I do not see the issue any more.

Comment

Wish I could say the same - still having issues and just taken me 4 attempts to login...

Comment

Yes, It’s a lucky dip whether this post will work first time, or I’ll have to login over again a few times.
                            If I back out to another page I will be logged out. All ok unless you want to post or reply.
                            It took a month before I could see a reply or new post button at all, and someone from Garmin Facebook page at least fixed that part for me.

Comment

Ok, maybe I was a bit early on announcing success. Still getting logged out very quickly, although not always. Sometimes it keeps me logged in for a few minutes, sometimes less than a minute.

Comment

Working...
                              X