No announcement yet.

Forum still broken

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum still broken

If I have a browser open where I have previously selected "New Topics" from the menu bar, when I try to log in, the login window hangs. I can only log in from one of the sub-forums e.g. fenix 3.

When I am logging in, the "Remember me" check box doesn't make any difference. I get logged out after 15 minutes or so regardless.

It is odd that the security on the forum is much more strict than on Garmin Connect where I can stay logged in for weeks.

It would be easier to just not bother logging in as it has to be done so often, and only log in when I want to post something, but New Topics is not available when not logged in for example.

Yes, getting logged out constantly is really annoying. I can't even make a direct link to the login page so I could start my forum visit there - because the login page is opened by javascript.

Comment

Originally posted by AllanOlesen67 View Post
      I can't even make a direct link to the login page so I could start my forum visit there
      I'm sure you could. https://goo.gl/sMZBF2
      Last edited by ASmugDill; 12-07-2017, 04:35 PM.
      The issue with having to repeatedly log in to vBulletin from one forum action to the next seems to have been partially remedied, but problems persist with changes to User Settings not being properly committed upon saving, and with page encoding such that em dashes, en dashes, left and right quotation marks, accented vowels, etc. are not rendered correctly in the browser.

Comment

Originally posted by ASmugDill View Post

I'm sure you could. https://goo.gl/sMZBF2
        Sort of. Your link works if I am already on the forum.

If I open your link in a new tab, I get to the login dialog, but after logging in I get two warnings that I do not have admin rights, and then this thread opens. So the number of steps is actually increased by trying to login directly.

But thank you for the effort. Very kind of you.

Comment

I tried it just now in a different browser (Chrome, as opposed to Safari which is my primary browser), in which I was not logged in to Garmin-anything and did not have any Garmin Forum tabs open. It worked just fine.

Edit:
          I just tried it in Safari as well, after removing all cookies to do with Garmin-related sites, closing the browser application and then starting a new instance of it, and pasted the URL into the address bar in the first new tab that opened. It worked just fine.

Last edited by ASmugDill; 12-08-2017, 06:10 PM. Reason: Added experiment results with Safari
          The issue with having to repeatedly log in to vBulletin from one forum action to the next seems to have been partially remedied, but problems persist with changes to User Settings not being properly committed upon saving, and with page encoding such that em dashes, en dashes, left and right quotation marks, accented vowels, etc. are not rendered correctly in the browser.

Comment

Working...
          X