No announcement yet.

Forum Pet Peeves.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With something like this update there can be a few issues, but what gets me, is that while more than a few problems have been reported here, there's not much of an acknowledgment from Garmin about them, and not much has been fixed in the last couple months -I can stay logged on for more than 5 minutes and can have an avatar, but that's about it. It just seems like nothing is happening on the garmin end.
    My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
    Facebook - Instagram -
    Twitter

Comment

you also have knight rider buttons under your avatar,...

but you need to post more Jim, at 15000 posts you get 3 colored ones and then you will be famous

Peter.
      Peter's (Race) Pacer - Race the PERFECT race!
      My other apps in the store
      ​​​​​​​
      My best Connect IQ apps:Other:

Comment

I just noticed those today. I have no idea what they mean!
        Facebook - Instagram -
        Twitter

Comment

Believe those are "reputation points". No idea if they're related to number of posts, number of "likes", or a combination. You're the first one I've seen with anything other than a blank bar.
          -- Tom
          inReach SE, inReach Explorer, PN-60WSE, Colorado 400t, Nuvi 2555LMT

Comment

twolpert - thanks. I too haven't seen other than blank for anyone else. Could it be that "orange" means I have a tarnished reputation? I did have a wild youth!
            Facebook - Instagram -
            Twitter

Comment

Does anyone use the like button? I have on some posts (including some of Jim's) so I reckon that might be it. I guess the meter starts red and goes to green on the right hand end. Why doesn't everyone like one of Jim's posts and see if we can get it to move towards the right!

Comment

Seems to have worked with the Likes. Now I need to go unlike everything
                My Connect IQ apps
                I only run so I can wear a Garmin!

Comment

Wow! So it is based on likes. Hermo, you just got a like for all your likes!

Cw - I wonder if it's like you and avatars, where it wasn't enabled for everyone at first, as I'm quite sure I'm not the only one with likes...
                  Last edited by jim_m_58; 08-12-2017, 07:25 AM.
                  Facebook - Instagram -
                  Twitter

Comment

I reckon it works for everyone, it's just your the most helpful person. I'm far to antagonistic to get many likes! ;-)

Comment

Yeah, and I guess someone complaining about the forum as much as I do isn't a very likeable user
                      My Connect IQ apps
                      I only run so I can wear a Garmin!

Comment

Okay, CW, Hermo, you both now have a "reputation"... It only took a very few likes...
                        Last edited by jim_m_58; 08-12-2017, 06:19 PM.
                        Facebook - Instagram -
                        Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by jim_m_58 View Post
                          It only took a very few likes...
                          And likes from the same user is sufficient to make the meter go up two or three notches, so I'm not particularly inclined to believe the impact becomes marginal if many likes come from a single source.
                          The issue with having to repeatedly log in to vBulletin from one forum action to the next seems to have been partially remedied, but problems persist with changes to User Settings not being properly committed upon saving, and with page encoding such that em dashes, en dashes, left and right quotation marks, accented vowels, etc. are not rendered correctly in the browser.

Comment

If fact you could quite easily create a new account and like your old account I bet...

Comment

Quite possibly.

It also seems that the 'bar' maxes out after approximately 100 likes, irrespective of the number of distinct sources or 'voters', and does not change colour to give any visual indication of a sense of scale beyond that.
                              The issue with having to repeatedly log in to vBulletin from one forum action to the next seems to have been partially remedied, but problems persist with changes to User Settings not being properly committed upon saving, and with page encoding such that em dashes, en dashes, left and right quotation marks, accented vowels, etc. are not rendered correctly in the browser.

Comment

I think I just made a new post without having to complete a captcha challenge! How interesting.

Ah, I just saw the sticky thread titled Forum Update Issue started by GFM1011 some twenty minutes ago.
                                Last edited by ASmugDill; 08-17-2017, 08:28 AM. Reason: Ah, gotcha, not captcha

Comment

Working...
                                X