Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instinct – 2.78 Beta Release

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Instinct – 2.78 Beta Release

    Hello Instinct users,

    We have new beta software ready for your upcoming adventures!

    Please read the 'notes' and 'installation instructions' in the 'Updates and Downloads' page found in the link below. We look forward to your feedback!

    Instinct: https://www8.garmin.com/support/down...s.jsp?id=14528

    Note: Please allow for the updates to propagate across all servers. There is no need to post that the link does not work. It will after a bit of patience.

    2.78 Change Log Notes:
    • Improved the quick timer setup.
    • Fixed an issue where the total length fields were not updating correctly during a pool swim.
    • Fixed an issue where the device was displaying the incorrect baro trend icon on the watchface.
    • Fixed an issue where the spelling for Ukrainian was incorrect, in the device language list.

    Please send all bug reports to: [email protected]

  • #2
    have there any work been done with unexpected reboots during activity (strength)? I don't see any mentions in change history but here is my experience:
    2.60 - unexpected reboots present
    2.76 - unexpected reboots not present
    2.77 - unexpected reboots present

    here more info:
    https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-t...ing-activities

    Comment


    • #3
      Also nothing on sleep tracking. It is as wacky as ever since. Even Fitbit and AW is getting better result.

      The sleep record on my Instinct is way out and no where near as accurate as with a Fitbit. Does the system learn from corrections I make in Connect or is

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DavidSee View Post
        Also nothing on sleep tracking. It is as wacky as ever since. Even Fitbit and AW is getting better result.
        If sleep tracking has been having its issues since the beginning and not only on instincts but on my fenix 3, for instance when I watch TV from 19:00 to 22:00 and go to bed at 22:00, all watches recognize that I went to bed at 19:00 because of a low activity during TV watching. I don't think it's in a scope of beta team, because it's a global case and need to be fixed conceptional. But in my case I see that something has been fixed in 2.76 Beta that instinct doesn't have unexpected reboots in the same weekly strength activities but nothing mentioned anywhere.

        Comment


        • #5
          Is 2.6 still the current public version then? I noticed in the instruction manual there is mention of the moon phase widget, but that was added in 2.75 and currently when I sync with Garmin Express it still says 2.6 is the current version. Since you are putting out beta 2.78 now, has everything up to that point not gone public yet? I don't understand what's going on here.

          Comment


          • odsweng
            odsweng commented
            Editing a comment
            2.60 is still the latest public version. Garmin Express isn't able to recognize beta builds of device software. However, the best thing you can do to confirm that the latest beta is installed on your device, is to go to Menu>Settings>About and check the software version at the bottom of the screen.

            Luke
            Garmin Outdoor SW Quality Team

        • #6
          Originally posted by danieljames View Post
          Is 2.6 still the current public version then? I noticed in the instruction manual there is mention of the moon phase widget, but that was added in 2.75 and currently when I sync with Garmin Express it still says 2.6 is the current version. Since you are putting out beta 2.78 now, has everything up to that point not gone public yet? I don't understand what's going on here.
          2.6 - stable
          2.78 - latest beta.

          There are multiple beta versions before it goes to the main release. Maybe next stable version should be something like 2.8.. but it is Garmin Nobody knows how they choose version numbers
          Last edited by face_bb8; 01-08-2019, 01:49 AM.

          Comment


          • #7
            I couldn't update to version 2.78. I have tried copy the update file into the my instinct again and again, but nothing have happened.
            But I was wrong. I noticed that my computer is Mac. The updater requests Windows OS (please see the "system requirements").
            I want a stable updater soooooooon!!

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by moritako View Post
              I couldn't update to version 2.78. I have tried copy the update file into the my instinct again and again, but nothing have happened.
              But I was wrong. I noticed that my computer is Mac. The updater requests Windows OS (please see the "system requirements").
              I want a stable updater soooooooon!!
              I updated without problems from a mac. Both to beta and non-beta firmwares... I assume that even Linux should work for the betas, since it only requires USB mass storage.

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by Tichy View Post

                I updated without problems from a mac. Both to beta and non-beta firmwares... I assume that even Linux should work for the betas, since it only requires USB mass storage.
                Thank you for your information!
                I will try to update again after all resetting.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by moritako View Post
                  ...The updater requests ...
                  Where do see in installation instructions that you an updates need? Please read carefully instructions before installing. You just need to copy one file to device itself and you just need your garmin watch connected to PC/Mac/Linux whatever if it can read USB Storage devices Installation Instructions

                  1. Download and unzip Instinct_***Beta.zip.
                  2. Place the gupdate.gcd file, found in the System_v*** folder, into the \GARMIN folder of the device.
                  3. Disconnect from your computer and proceed through the update.
                  4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, drop the gupdate.gcd file, found in the System_Backdate_v260 folder, into the \GARMIN folder of the device.
                  5. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.



                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by moritako View Post
                    I couldn't update to version 2.78. I have tried copy the update file into the my instinct again and again, but nothing have happened.
                    But I was wrong. I noticed that my computer is Mac. The updater requests Windows OS (please see the "system requirements").
                    I want a stable updater soooooooon!!
                    2.8 is available

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by face_bb8 View Post
                      2.8 is available
                      Wow! Thank you very much! I will update my instinct to version 2.8!

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by mihailstacanov View Post

                        Where do see in installation instructions that you an updates need? Please read carefully instructions before installing. You just need to copy one file to device itself and you just need your garmin watch connected to PC/Mac/Linux whatever if it can read USB Storage devices Installation Instructions

                        1. Download and unzip Instinct_***Beta.zip.
                        2. Place the gupdate.gcd file, found in the System_v*** folder, into the \GARMIN folder of the device.
                        3. Disconnect from your computer and proceed through the update.
                        4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, drop the gupdate.gcd file, found in the System_Backdate_v260 folder, into the \GARMIN folder of the device.
                        5. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.


                        Thank you for your reply.
                        I know the installation instructions. I certainly putted the "gupdate.gcd" file into Garmin folder by drag & drop on my mac finder.
                        At the process 3 in instructions, my instinct did not proceed the update after disconnecting from Mac.
                        I don't know the reason...

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Sorry to use this thread, but the v2.80 update thread is locked.

                          Very nice the moon widget, but even if my Instinct is set on the Italian language, that specific widget is in english. No problem for me, but for someone else it might be.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            I can't figure out how to update to 2.80, my watch has the automatic update turned on and I am synced with connect on my iPhone, how do I force it to update? It still shows 2.75 older version

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X