Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fenix 3.12 Beta Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fenix 3.12 Beta Software

    To download the beta software go to this link: ( not available via WebUpdater )
    http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...447&pID=107272



    I have attached a skiing profile to be used with this new beta software. It will configure all of the setting to be used for skiing. Place the .gpf file into your profiles folder on the unit.

    Changes from 3.10 to 3.12:

    • Added '3D' speed and distance reporting. Includes both horizontal and vertical components in calculations. Setup > Sensors > Altimeter > 3D Data.
    • Added 'Ski Mode' setting for Auto Pause feature. Intended use for downhill/alpine skiing. Pause the tracking time while not moving or while moving upward on the ski lift. Setup > Tracks > Auto Pause.
    • Added 'Ski Mode' setting for Auto Lap feature. Intended use for downhill/alpine skiing. Lap extended to accommodate ski 'run' functionality. A lap is performed at the bottom of each run (as soon as a ski lift is detected). Use as an automatic run counter and to separate data for individual run statistics. Setup > Fitness > Auto Lap.
    • Added ELAPSED data field option, displaying total time since tracking/activity start (pause time is included).
    • Issues with this beta software may be reported to fenix@garmin.com.
    Attached Files
    Adam Cloud

  • #2
    I'm a Mac user.
    How can I get this Fenix 3.12 Beta Software on my Fenix without a Windows Computer?

    Comment


    • #3
      Unpack the exe-file in an Win VirtualBOX, copy only the gupdate.gcd file to the device into the folder \garmin\ and restart.
      Last edited by dirtbiker; 02-23-2013, 05:45 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DIRTBIKERMP3 View Post
        Unpack the exe-file in an Win VirtualBOX, copy only the gupdate.gcd file to the device into the folder \garmin\ and restart.
        can someone instead share this update.gcd file here in this forum?
        It seems to be much easier than downloading virtual box and install a Windows version which I don't have.

        Just extracted it vie Terminal.
        Last edited by DROFFEN; 02-23-2013, 08:02 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DROFFEN View Post
          can someone instead share this update.gcd file here in this forum?
          It seems to be much easier than downloading virtual box and install a Windows version which I don't have.

          Just extracted it vie Terminal.
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          go to http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ls.jsp?id=6137

          Comment


          • #6
            For MAC Users:

            Unpack and copy only the gupdate.gcd file to the device into the folder \garmin\ and restart.

            http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/2309161/file.html

            Comment


            • #7
              Well...anything good for the 910XT users? :-) I'd be happy with a beta watch profile...;-)

              Comment


              • #8
                What a pity.. Useful running functions are much more desired by users.. I'm not sure if skiing functions make a sense while there is not interval training possibility.. I understand that Fenix is targeted as outdoor device, but interval workouts can be outdoor activity as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  For skiing need Last lap max speed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Instead of spending time for a skiing profile that will be used just by some people, you should provide more general functions or at least provide correction for issues mentionned months ago.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I absolutely agree. I'm just preparing GPS watches review for mid-european magazine and I want to discuss this Garmin approach with their development manager, because now it seems that developers customizes Fenix functionalities according to their personal needs instead of common user's.

                      What is really annoying to me and to most of Fenix users:

                      - satellite acquiring time (sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes; other Garmin devices have satellites in 20-30 seconds)
                      - GPS accuracy (in comparison with other devices; when I show runned track on Maps, it's absolutely chaotic - it jumps up to 100 meters from real trail and very straight parts of track seems like a snake)
                      - there is no simple support for runners (like setup of distance in advance before run, or interval training)
                      - ..and one hardware problem - water condensation under display screen when you come to cold environment

                      The shame is that Garmin is not reading comments like these.. It gives a competitive advantage to other manufacturers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by KOULIK View Post
                        I absolutely agree. I'm just preparing GPS watches review for mid-european magazine and I want to discuss this Garmin approach with their development manager, because now it seems that developers customizes Fenix functionalities according to their personal needs instead of common user's.

                        What is really annoying to me and to most of Fenix users:

                        - satellite acquiring time (sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes; other Garmin devices have satellites in 20-30 seconds)
                        - GPS accuracy (in comparison with other devices; when I show runned track on Maps, it's absolutely chaotic - it jumps up to 100 meters from real trail and very straight parts of track seems like a snake)
                        - there is no simple support for runners (like setup of distance in advance before run, or interval training)
                        - ..and one hardware problem - water condensation under display screen when you come to cold environment

                        The shame is that Garmin is not reading comments like these.. It gives a competitive advantage to other manufacturers.
                        +1

                        I am happy to read that I am not the only one with these problems. If satellite acquiring time and GPS accuracy were good, this watch would be the best one (with build quality resolved).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Though, I will probably never use the new skiing profile I still think it's useful and good feature (and good idea as well) Well done!
                          The bug with the bread crumb track not showing on the map seems to be fixed. For me the new software is definitely an improvement.

                          But I agree that the satellite fix time takes to long. But probably it's not an software issue?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            How do I get back to 3.10 firmware? I am experiencing messad up gpx files so I would like to find out if 3.12 beta is causing it.

                            Thanks, Mirek.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              20130305_211325_small.jpg

                              My fenix is bricked now in USB connection mode but not connected to PC. Any help?

                              Thanks, Mirek.
                              Last edited by MirekZ; 03-06-2013, 12:53 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X